Concierge Class Exiting the Boat

Kschn3671

Been there done that on HAL. Yes, we were in a suite on a couple of sailings and never was the concierge at our "beck and call". If you are talking about deluxe verandah suites (which you must be if you used the Neptune lounge) you would have to jump up several catagories on X to compare the two. There are also Superior suites on HAL which don't offer the perks that you mention. Furthermore CC cabins are NOT suites and are around the same size as HAL verandah cabins, which we have also sailed in on both lines.

I don't recall the OP asking for anything other than clarification on embarkation/disembarkation policies on Celebrity so I'm clearly not understanding what the purpose of your post is unless, of course, you have a financial interest in HAL. ;)

no, no financial interest in HAL. I was in Celebrity's higher up suite, sorry if I misundersood the category the inquiry was about. that's what I was comparing it to.

Couple of points.

1. I just got our ELite Captain's Club list and itshows priority Tenders as one of teh perks, so maybe they have moved this from CC.

2. There should be no problem in leaving the ship to walk around, except in Russia, or another country where you need a visa if you are not on a tour. We did the Eastern Med. and left the ship at every port, and never had a ship's tour. Had a private tour in Turkey, otherwise, just made our own way around - Dubrovnik, Santorini, Rhodes, Athens, Katakalon & Valleta. Recently we were in St. Peterburg and the documents said we would only be allowed off the ship after 9:30am if we were on a private tour. We asked the cruise director about that at the Cruise Critic meet & greet. He was most helpful and told us that we would have no problem, just go to the gangway when the announcement was made and we would get off, probably before the tours. It was no problem. I have read of some having a hassle to get off in time for their private tour and the crew trying to stop passengers leaving, telling them it was a Russian restriction, not a cruise line problem, but we had no problem and teh Russian immigration were not interested in whether we were on a private or a ship tour, as long as we were on a tour.

Couple of points.

1. I just got our ELite Captain's Club list and itshows priority Tenders as one of teh perks, so maybe they have moved this from CC.

That has been a benefit of Elite Captains club for some time now (we got priority tender tickets as elite back in 2005 and we were in a regular cabin) - I think that they removed it from Concierge class because with the huge number of elite members (due to extra credits for longer sailings and and those in concierge and above and also due to the reciprocal membership with Crown & Anchor), there really wasn't any priority to priority tender. We have been on sailings where there are so many elite members that they held multiple sessions of some of the events for elite broken down by deck.

Hi. I was reading about Concierge Class and one of the perks, it says it

Early embarkation and debarkation. Does this just apply to getting on and off the boat only or does this apply for ports as well?

Has anybody taking the Infinity and experienced any major problems getting off the boat when a ship is first into port? I am little worried about Victoria where we get into port as it is a 2 Pm Arrival and I think everybody will try getting off the boat at the same time? It this true?:)

Ports EXCLUDED and NOT NECESSARY!

For the most part you can always just get off the ship and just walk around.

At some ports you need to take a shuttle to the outside of the port area. This would be where the dock is inside a large industrial port and was the case at a couple ports when we cruised in Europe a few years ago. Not all of the shuttles are free. Put all this together and there "might" be a port or two where you'll have to either buy a shuttle pass, take a taxi, or an excursion to get out of the port area.

For this information, as in Italy I was planning to just do that with my cousin

Thanks again

When we went to Alaska last year in CC, there wasn't any mention about tender tickets. When we asked in Sitka about that perk, they whisked us to a lounge where others were gathered and within a few minutes we were ushered aboard a tender ahead of a long line.

As far as Victoria, we docked around 2pm (no tender) and got off easily with everyone else.

For disembarkation, we didn't get anything special. There were many leaving before us, when I asked about it, was told since we didn't have a flight out later that day, we weren't given priority.

The umbrella was in the closet, for our use.

Hope that helps! Enjoy your trip!

huge number of elite members (due to extra credits for longer sailings and and those in concierge and above and also due to the reciprocal membership with Crown & Anchor)

Celebrity elite status can be increased by sailing on RCI and some other lines?

Celebrity elite status can be increased by sailing on RCI and some other lines?

Royal Caribbean and Celebrity have the same owners. There is a benefit in both lines repeaters club for reciprocal membership. However, each line keeps their own count and the credits cannot be combined.

But if you are at the over 5 level in one club, you can join the other club at the equivalent level. If you are a member of both clubs with at least the over 5 level in one club, the membership level for both clubs will be at the level you are the highest in. For example if you have select membership (over 5 cruise credits) in Celebrity's captains club and are diamond (over 10 credits) in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor, you can have your Captains Club membership increased to the Elite (over 10 cruise credit) level because of your Crown & Anchor status. In the same vein, if you are Elite with Celebrity and have never sailed on Royal Caribbean, you can join Crown & Anchor at the Diamond level.

Archived