Shopping in Cozumel vs. Grand Cayman

Bill1963

We're getting ready to cruise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I'd like to plan a little extra time for my wife to do some shopping. Has anyone shopped in both places? What advice can you offer on finding the best deals? If we were to only shop on one island, which would you choose? We'll take any and all advice. Thanks! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Cozumel is by far my favorite. Cayman has beautiful stores with very upscale pricey items. I am sure you could do better in the US even considering taxes. There is one great(although small) store on the main street that has unique clothes, purses and island type jewelry.

Cozumel is good for pewter items and silver, different types of stones etc. The stores downtown and those at the ports have so much. If you do go downtown, get off the main street and explore the many shops that parralel the main drag. They also have interesting and unusual crafts, jewelry etc. Happy shopping:)

Archived