Embassy Suites or Hampton Inn?

Sunshine-lady

We are crusing out of Fort Lauderdale for the first time in May, 2010. In the past, we've always sailed of of Miami. So this is the first out of Fort Lauderdale. We are staying one night pre-cruise, so we were wondering which hotel anyone out there would recommend. Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale, or Hampton Inn in Hollywood? Thanks in advance.

I would go with Embassy suites in FLL - you should be able to get a fairly good deal with Prieline.com for May. I got it in October 2009 for $59.

Ron

We have never done priceline. Not sure how it works. How would I go about it to ensure that I got Embassy Suites?

I would go with Embassy suites in FLL - you should be able to get a fairly good deal with Prieline.com for May. I got it in October 2009 for $59.

Ron

We have never done Priceline. Not sure how it works. What do we need to do to ensure that we got Embassy Suites?

We stayed at Embassy Suites on 17th street and loved it. I requested a room with a view of the ships ahead of time, and then again when we checked in. Plenty within walking distance of the property and a short drive to the port. Great breakfast, they even have made to order omelets! Managers reception the night before with free drinks and snacks too. Click on either of the pictures for more pictures of the property.

2570664910064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

2904569050064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

I haven't stayed at the one in FLL, but we prefer Embassey Suites over Hampton. We just got a great deal on Embassey Suites in Miami for our upcoming cruise, but I booked through Hilton Honors program. ($118/night for two nights).

Stayed at Embassy Suites a couple of times. Highly recommend it.

Not just because of the cocktail hour and full breakfast but because of location.

10 minutes from airport. 10 minutes from port. 2 to 3 block area with places to eat, drug stores, Ross for Less, liquor stores, and a open mall behind the building. Also on the "Sun Trolley" stop.

Embasssy Suites..as long as you sign up for Hilton Honors you can book it very reasonable at Hiltonfamilymvp.com All you need is to bring your Hilton Honors (which is free to join) card with you. It is a great location for cruising out of Fort Lauderdale. We are booked there again for our January cruise.

E/S would be my hotel of choice between the two. From what I can remember they have not been offered on Priceline for a few years now.

They book up so no need to do so:)

As the previous poster suggested, do the Hilton Honors / MVP sogn up. Rates better than AARP or Triple A:cool:

E/S would be my hotel of choice between the two. From what I can remember they have not been offered on Priceline for a few years now.

They book up so no need to do so:)

As the previous poster suggested, do the Hilton Honors / MVP sogn up. Rates better than AARP or Triple A:cool:

We signed up for Hilton Honors, and have our sign up number and my pin number. But, E/S told me that they didn't have any discounts. They said I had to earn points. So, not sure why signing up for Hilton Honors helped. We don't stay at Hilton very often. We booked for next May anyway. Very excited about staying there. We have heard so many good things about this hotle.

We signed up for Hilton Honors, and have our sign up number and my pin number. But, E/S told me that they didn't have any discounts. They said I had to earn points. So, not sure why signing up for Hilton Honors helped. We don't stay at Hilton very often. We booked for next May anyway. Very excited about staying there. We have heard so many good things about this hotle.

I would book now, then check for price drops and rebook or ask for the lower price if you find one. Also try this site for booking. I usually find cheaper rates online and book that way.

http://directconnect.hilton.com/dc/dclogin.jhtml;jsessionid=RKBAF1CTPHKCQCSGBI1NEWQ?_pNd=6KChO3qjh2&_requestid=3392

I booked the Embassy Suites for our pre and post cruise stay. After I booked the rooms, I signed up for the Hilton Honors, got the pin and forgot about it until I read this thread.

I just went online and saw the prices were much lower than what I had originally booked. Pre cruise went from 179.99 to 159.00 and post cruise went from 209.99 to 167.00. I can't thank you enough for the information. I cancelled the old and booked the new!!

Gratefully,

Judy

Archived