Ordering Excursions ?

PA8880

Hi all! So excited for my first princess cruise! I've sailed on RC many times and know you can order excursions from your television, which was SO conveinant.

Can you order excursions from your TV on the princess ships? Sailing on the Crown in Nov.

Thank you! :D

Hi all! So excited for my first princess cruise! I've sailed on RC many times and know you can order excursions from your television, which was SO conveinant.

Can you order excursions from your TV on the princess ships? Sailing on the Crown in Nov.

Thank you! :D

Sorry, Princess does not offer inter-active TV on their ships such as RCI does.

Is it time consuming to stand in line? Anyone reccommend the best times to order the excursions?

You don't have to stand in line, you can fill out a form, drop it in a box and excursion tickets will be delivered to your stateroom.

OR, you can pre book ahead of time on your Princess personalizer, but you will not be charged for the excursions until you board the ship. Princess does not charge for excursions until you aboard, and they are then added to your shipboard account. Excursions are usually available for pre-booking online around the 75 day mark, but the time frame is actually 'up to' 120 days before your cruise. ;)

Is it time consuming to stand in line? Anyone reccommend the best times to order the excursions?

You don't have to stand in line, you can fill out a form, drop it in a box and excursion tickets will be delivered to your stateroom.

OR, you can pre book ahead of time on your Princess personalizer, but you will not be charged for the excursions until you board the ship. Princess does not charge for excursions until you aboard, and they are then added to your shipboard account. Excursions are usually available for pre-booking online around the 75 day mark, but the time frame is actually 'up to' 120 days before your cruise. ;)

There are rarely any lines at the Shore Excursion desk because as Toto says, all you need to do is to fill out the form and put it in a box in front of the desk. Most people pre-reserve tours online before boarding and quite often, the most popular tours are waitlisted by the time you board. I strongly advise you to book your excursions online before boarding. Your tickets will be delivered to your cabin either before you board or shortly afterwards and charged to your onboard account. You will also find a packet in your cabin with descriptions of all of the tours and order forms.

I would order online thru the Personilzer as some popular excursions can sell out.
You can pretty much guarantee that anything involving zip lines or dolphins will be sold out before you get onboard, so the way to book these is via the cruise personalizer in advance.

Remember you don't pay for them until you have tickets in hand on the ship, and then it goes against your shipboard account.

Excursions are usually available for pre-booking online around the 75 day mark, but the time frame is actually 'up to' 120 days before your cruise. ;)

I've been wondering about this myself. I think we're about 115 days out but I can't book my excursions yet. How can I find out when mine will open up? Just call my TA?

I've been wondering about this myself. I think we're about 115 days out but I can't book my excursions yet. How can I find out when mine will open up? Just call my TA?

Just keep checking the website. Our excursions opened for booking about 72 days out.

Go to the Princess website and click on cruise personalizer. You will have to give your name as it was booked and your booking number, a combination of numbers and letters that should have been given to you when you booked.

From there you get a screen with a variety of options. You fill out your immigration information here and various other information and you can book shore excursions in this area of the cruise personalizer.

You just have to keep checking to see if the shore excursions are available in your cruise personalizer. If it's only 115 days before you cruise they should be available at any time.

Pam

Thank you all so much for your responses! One question, what is the personalizer? Where is this located? On princess's website? I booked on Expedia?
If you go to www.princess.com, at the top right-hand side of the page is a link to "My Princess." You put in your email address and a PW, and it takes you to a page that summarizes your booking. From there, you can check your booking by clicking the link that says "Cruise Personalizer", input your personal information, passport #, etc., order shore excursions, and print out your boarding pass.

Archived