Would you want an inside cabin w/ balcony?

It doesn't really matter to me. A room is just a place to stay. We've tried balcony cabins, and end up with either a smoker next to us (always upwind of course), and/or noisy neighbors.

As long as the bed is comfy and the shower is hot, I really don't care what type of room it is, where it is, or what kind of balcony (if any) it has.

We've stayed at Opryland and Gaylord Palms in rooms with balconies overlooking their atriums - so I suspect it's a very similar set-up. I do recall that it was noisy and would expect the same on Oasis. But I'd give it a try if the price was right!

As everyone knows, Oasis of the Seas will have inside cabins with balconies viewing the park inside of the ship. Wow. The park will be the size of a football field, complete with plants/greenery.

I don't think I'd want a balcony looking over the park inside of the ship. I'd still want a balcony looking over the ocean.

How about you?

We've actually booked a Central Park view balcony so yes, we think we'll enjoy a balcony looking to the interior of the ship. Remember, it's not an "inside" balcony. You're still outdoors. It's just an interior view.

We've seen the ocean plenty on sailings and the view doesn't change much unless there's weather to watch. With the Central Park balcony the view won't change much either but we'll be able to people watch.

I don't know whether we'll like it or not but, we thought we'd at least try something different. Sometimes we find things we really like when we thought we'd probably hate it by doing/trying something new.

We are taking our DD, DSL, DGD, and DGS on Oasis January, 2010. We chose an Owner's suite. It is our DD and her family's first cruise, and they did not want to have a balcony over the water. She was concerned about the kids, as well as herself being uncomfortable seeing nothing except WATER!! We tried to change their minds, but they were set on a Boardwalk balcony. They think the kids will enjoy watching the Aqua theater shows from their balcony, and I do think that will be fun for them, and they will have an aft view of the water. They will also be watching their grandparents at the Boardwalk Donut shop!!! :D

Nope--having the folks across the way being able to have a straight view onto your balcony...not what I want!

That, and worse yet, to be sitting on your balcony sipping a drink, only to find out the guy across the way has forgotten to close his curtains, and is changing in front of you :eek:

My other "problem" with the inside balcony is that I'm a New Yorker, and every time I cruise I seem to find myself surrounded by New Yorkers... I can just imagine some guy in Central Park or Boardwalk yelling up to his wife on their balcony to bring him down a cigar/beer/wallet, etc. It happens at home, so why not at sea? :rolleyes:

The price was so close for my 8/21/10 sailing that inside or outside balcony was really just a choice of preference... I chose ocean view... love the sound of the waves:)

As everyone knows, Oasis of the Seas will have inside cabins with balconies viewing the park inside of the ship. Wow. The park will be the size of a football field, complete with plants/greenery.

I don't think I'd want a balcony looking over the park inside of the ship. I'd still want a balcony looking over the ocean.

How about you?

For me, the purpose of a balcony is to watch the sea.....I live in a highrise apartment where I can "overlook" the surrounding area with trees, people, landscaping, etc. No big deal.

I'd be concerned about the noise level of those inside balconies....with all the activity going on in the "canyon"...... Can't imagine peacefully sitting out on the balcony reading a book. Also, wouldn't want the forced intimacy of gazing across the canyon at others sitting on their balcony.

We are booked in an outside balcony gazing at the ocean in September 2010. The inside balconies were considerably more expensive, but I just don't understand why. I could see why some people would really enjoy the people watching opportunities, but was shocked to see how much more expensive it was than just a regular ocean balcony.

not interested in an inside balcony overlooking Central Park - no privacy for me and too much noise potential. People watching is not my bag; just give me the peace and quiet of a balconied cabin where I can sit and watch the waves go by. And I am grateful that I do not have to settle for less for financial reasons in this economy that sucks:)

No Inside Balcony for me.

I enjoy the fresh air, the sound of the ocean, the panoramic views, the sunsets/sunrises and an opportunity to watch the ship silently glide into port before the sun comes up, with all the little lights of the homes and businesses dotting the hillsides like stars.

Balconies are magic - and a real big part of the cruise experience for me. :)

You brought up good points as to why someone might want an inside balcony. My thought is that kids would love this view - moreso than just staring at the ocean. Lots to see from the inside balcony, and I know our own two kids would be excited and choose the inside vs. the outside balcony. We adults, on the other had, would prefer the ocean view balcony just for the peace and quiet...but honestly, I'd do either in a heart beat if given the opportunity.

quote=dougp26364;20976208]We've actually booked a Central Park view balcony so yes, we think we'll enjoy a balcony looking to the interior of the ship. Remember, it's not an "inside" balcony. You're still outdoors. It's just an interior view.

We've seen the ocean plenty on sailings and the view doesn't change much unless there's weather to watch. With the Central Park balcony the view won't change much either but we'll be able to people watch.

I don't know whether we'll like it or not but, we thought we'd at least try something different. Sometimes we find things we really like when we thought we'd probably hate it by doing/trying something new.

We are booked in our first hump cabin in Feb.2010! We also love the ocean view, and the couple cruising with us booked the cabin across the hall- inside balcony!! We'll have the best of both worlds on one cruise!!

We'll alternate pre-dinner drink venues and enjoy both views!

Doreen

Archived