The PVP nobody wants

sharonny

I don't know the answer, but I sure hope your wrong.....I would hope we would all get the same rate.

I only said that if a potential customer looked at CCL's website and did not check all the fare options, there is a possibility that when they called the cruiseline direct that they would be provided a lower fare then they saw on the website. That has nothing to do with everyone getting the same rate we are eligible for when calling the cruiseline direct. But then again, it is possible that a pvp is not digging deep enough in their research to find the lowest fares too ! :rolleyes:

Guess I have never used a PVP, I just call the 800 number and speak with whatever rep I get. I haven't ever gotten anyone that wasn't helpful. I couldn't even tell you the names of the people I booked my cruises with.

Only time though I ever had a phone rep give me different info she finally realized she had pulled up the wrong sailing date. I was looking at Dec. 19 but she pulled up Dec. 12.

Never gotten a different price when calling except for the error in dates.

Sorry you had such a jerk! After our first cruise, we contacted another cruise line to give it a "try", I got the same kind of attitude with the other cruise line so I came back to Carnival. Really like the pvp we have right now. Right great guy who seems very enthusiatic about his job.

I only said that if a potential customer looked at CCL's website and did not check all the fare options, there is a possibility that when they called the cruiseline direct that they would be provided a lower fare then they saw on the website. That has nothing to do with everyone getting the same rate we are eligible for when calling the cruiseline direct. But then again, it is possible that a pvp is not digging deep enough in their research to find the lowest fares too ! :rolleyes:

I'm confused:confused: If there are no deals to be had by booking with a PVP, then why do it? Just do your research and book on the web.

The only way the sale is good is if ES is not available. The person on the phone was probably giving you the sale price and you were looking at the ES rate.

This sale is confusing.....

One of the sailings I'm looking at offers

Fun Select $629

Fun Saver $549

Early Saver $499

Free Upgrade $629 (which I take is the current sale)

He quoted me $649. When I asked if it was the upgrade he said there wasn't any and when I asked ES rate he told me $519. I asked about the sale and told him prices were higher than web. His answer was - Prices change everyday.

I got a really weird guy when I first called to book Destiny for Nov. He was not as pleasant as other PVPs. Also, he started telling me about how his outlook on life has changed since he got "saved", how he cheated on his wife, and how he's trying to overcome an addiction to adult internet material. YES!!! He told me all of this why booking my cabin. I kinda thought I was being punk'd.

Anywho, when I called back to add more cabins to the booking, I got someone else and she is great!

Maybe he was in a call center in India using the name "Jason", LOL

I just hung up with a PVP at Carnival and I can tell you I will not be using the PVP (my wonderful PVP left) I talked to :mad: I was inquiring about 2 cruises. The CTN from NYC in November for a girls cruise and a Canada/New England for family cruise (my birthday) Aug 2010.

Since I'm not seeing anything sale wise on the site I decided to call. The PVP didn't give me the warm fuzzy feeling. He was pushy and short with me. Like I was bothering him and wasting his time. The prices were higher than the site shows. I asked about ES rates, they were higher too. I told him they were higher than the site shows and that I thought there was a sale. He told me "these are the prices today and if I don't book today they will change" I said I understood, but couldn't book today as I needed to talk to everyone but would in the next day or 2 hopefully. I asked about the deposit amounts (I did have another question) and he shut me right off. He told me the deposit and ended the conversation. I told him not to call or email me as I won't be using him.

Really took the wind out of my sails.

Maybe he was in a call center in India using the name "Jason", LOL

LOL! Don't you just love making a call and you know instantly it went to a far away land. The delay always throws me for a loop. I'm talking, there talking and nobody heard anything. :)

That could be next.

GOOD NEWS!!!! Had a couple messages on my machine from Carnival. Didn't even listen to them figuring it was the bad man :mad: I spoke to. Listened to my messages a bit ago. Guess what? My PVP is back :), he was gone for a couple months per his message and checking in on past clients. In the message he asked about my kids, by name and even asked about my elderly mom. I am so happy. I left him a message to give me a call back and welcomed him back.

The number he left was the 1-800-819 3902 number listed above.

Smiles!

Archived