Cruise for 5?

cruisemom101

What is the best way to do a cruise for 5? I've got DH, myself, my mom, an 9 and 14 year old.

Thanks

We once did Disney with 2 kids, DW, and her mom. They had a nice room for 5 that worked for us.

Now we are 5 with a third child and mom comes along often too. Its usually two rooms. You could do a inside and outside cabin or two cabins next to each other. Some ships have a limited number of connecting cabins. The good thing is the 3rd person in these rooms is generally discounted.

What ship are you considering?? An older ship with 5 in a cabin, or two cabins?? Two cabins would be nicer, two bathrooms. Put Granny in with the two kids? I wouldnt want my mom sleeping with me and my husband.

that was my first impression as well...

i'd recommend... either 2 connecting interior / oceanview or balcony rooms (whichever fits your budget) - (the connecting factor is a good thing - more open space, and ability to pass through them. kids could come over to yours, and you all still be together)

you could also get a balcony for yourself, and put kids / grandma directly across the hall...

you could also get a balcony on dream, at the front of the ship, which are adjacent to the 4G 'inside' cabins with window to the 'secret deck' out front for a decent price...

or the porthole oceanviews at the bow / front of the ship, again for a decent price.

there's lots of options. ;)

Archived