Junior Suites on Mariner

reiken

My wife and I are booking a Junior Suite on Mariner (Voyager class) for a Mexican Riviera cruise in January. We're Platinum with RCI so we're familiar with the ships, but am looking at photographs trying to determine which suites do not have the pool deck extended above them.

Does anyone know which suites on this class do not have the pool deck above them? Looking at pics, it appears to be 9254, 9258 - in that area.

Ken

It really doesn't matter...there's not alot of noise from above. You may hear a chair scrape during the daytime hours, but it's certainly not "intrusive"....you'll hear more noise from the hallway, than above!

And, deck 9 has another passenger deck above it---you will have NO pool noise anywhere on deck 9.

we've never heard noise from above in any JS on a voyager class ship (AOS, NOS, ExOS)...

what we DID hear was a LOT of noise from the blaring stereo and baby grand piano from the Royal Suite when we were in 9618. Never again! ever! ever! ever! (even for free....)

Thanks for the response! I'm not worried about noise at all - our last cruise we were on deck 10 and had no problems. I just didn't like the obstructed view upwards and lack of sunlight. So, it's more about the aesthetics I guess.

Every balcony is covered by the deck above you---whether it's the pool deck or a passenger deck. You won't feel like you're in a cave, even if you don't get direct sunlight--and, depending on the direction of the ship, you may have only shade for most of the day. But it's SHADE--not darkness! There's plenty of ambiant light!

we've never heard noise from above in any JS on a voyager class ship (AOS, NOS, ExOS)...

what we DID hear was a LOT of noise from the blaring stereo and baby grand piano from the Royal Suite when we were in 9618. Never again! ever! ever! ever! (even for free....)

Well, I MIGHT take it for free, but because of Cruise Critic, I learned about this potential problem and hurriedly changed my reserved 9618 to 9318!

Glad I did....:)

Archived