cocktail parties for suite guests

stray

My dh and I are booked on the New Year's Panama Canal cruise in a ph cabin. A Princess rep told me that there are evening cocktail parties for suite guests, and that usually an officer is asked to attend. Can anyone please let me know if these coctail parties do occur, and what we what expect if there are these gatherings.?

Princess has recently started an evening cocktail party for suite guests and Elite members of the captain's circle, but I am not sure if this is offered on all the Princess ships yet. Drinks at these parties are not free as on some other lines. They are offering a reduced price drink of the evening ($5) which changes each evening. And cocktail snacks are also served.

I had a suite on my first Princess cruise. I don't recall evening cocktail parties for suite guests. There is a general Cocktail party on the first formal night.

I do remember something about a new suite perk where one of the bars had some light snacks and a special drink price. I'm sure someone else can expand.

On HAL, we had one night when there was a cocktail party for suite guests only and the captain and several officers attended.

There are nightly Elite/Suite cocktail parties. On our cruise the times were from 5-7 PM. Cocktails were available at a reduced cost and very nice hors d'oeuvres were served. We attended only once due to the time (too early) and the fact that our friends who were not Elite were not able to join us.

We cruised on HAL, and they did have a very nice cocktail party with complimentary drinks, and also a lovely luncheon for suite guests. Other than having to pay a nominal fee for a drink, could anyone tell me what other differences to expect in Princess' suite/elite parties. For example, where are they held, what kind of food is served, and is it worth it to try and make these events. I imagine it would be a nice way to meet other passengers.

If I am sharing a cabin with someone who is not Elite, will that person be allowed to attend with me?
Possibly, if it's just one person, but they do check.

It really wasn't very well attended on our cruise this summer. I think the location (Skywalkers) might have been part of the reason; also the fact that most days we didn't get back to the ship until late in the afternoon and the hours 5-7 PM were not that convenient for those who like to eat later in the evening.

If I am sharing a cabin with someone who is not Elite, will that person be allowed to attend with me?

Lynda, don't ask, just do it. I can't imagine them turning her away. However, you probably wont be allowed to bring friends from down the hall. :)

Archived