Help for Port Canaveral

DEERINH2O

I would like to find out what the area is closest to Port Canaveral. We will be sailing in Oct 2005, we have booked the Radission, but it is 179.00 per night. We will be coming in on the 14th and leave on the 16th. I like to use Priceline, so if anyone could tell me what area that is on there would be great. Also what Car companies are near the port. We are going to rent a car and drive around for the first few days we are there, then would like to return to the port.

Thanks,

The Radison is the best hotel that I can recommend in that area which is also known as Cocoa Beach on A1A. Call the hotel directly and ask what their best pre-Cruise rate is. Don't tell them you already have a reservation. Rate for Oct. should be about $99 and taxes will add on another $20+. Don't cancel what you have until you get a lower price reservation. Budget and Avis have offices on A1A. Budget was the most reasonable for our last journey but their office staff where short handed and stressed beyond belief at Coca Beach upon turn in of our car. I am still fighting with them for charges they accessed to my CC which are wrong! Shuttle bus was very easy too. We just paid for return transfers on the RCI buses which were $10 each and very convenient for the return.

Don't bother with Priceline yet for this area. Cocoa Beach was hit pretty hard by the Hurricane this year. There is Merritt Island and Titusville areas too but again, they are not near the port. Several hotels were closed and at least 5 miles away from the port. $99 or less is a good rate for one night stay before your cruise. Don't miss dinner at Grill's on the Fish pier and get there between 4 - 5 p.m. Ships start sailing by right after 4 p.m. Ask the conceriege for directions. It's only about 5 minutes from the Radison.

Bon Voyage

I am on the same sailing as you....we are with the Reali-Tini group and have room booked at the Best Western for two nights...14 and 15th.Although we have it at a group rate....there are/were good rates available on their website.You will probably find the Radisson is full as there is a very large group from another cruise site on the same cruise and a lot of them are booked in there.

Good luck

Liz

Archived