Tulum Ruins

cpacheco212121

I found this with a google search, but I know nothing about them. There were others listed, so you can google and see more.

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/TulumMayanRuins.htm

I would use caution doing this tour outside of the cruise line because if something goes wrong, you could miss the ship.

Consider: transportation from port to ferry pier, ferry ride to Playa del Carmen, bus or van to Tulum, spend a little time at Tulum, transportation back to Playa, ferry to Cozumel, transportation to the port. With the ferry schedule what it is, if you just miss one, you won't see another one for an hour.

For us, there are too many variables to do it on our own.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Take your ship's tour.. there's too many different transportation sites where if you were delayed at one you might miss your ship. However.. once you are IN Tulum..my advice is unless you want to stand in the heat and listen to historic facts..ditch your bus driver and try to explore the ruins yourself. You can read up on the history before or after...but I felt like we wasted too much time listening to our guide..he even got snippy with us when we would take pictures when he was talking! Worst of all.. Tulum has the most gorgeous beach which once our guide had "let us go" we only had half an hour to be at.. to us the beach was the best part.. They give you a time to be back at the bus.. I just wish he would have told us that sooner. The ruins are amazing to see as well.. but can be looked at within half an hour. Depends on what you want to do.

We just did this through Carnival this past September. They had a lot of busses and I don't think there were all that many people on each. When we were with the tour guide it didn't feel crowded. I am like the others and would not book it outside of carnival. The ruins were great. I did think some things were just way too touristy though. We had fun drinking a couple beers afterwords and dickering with the guys selling t-shirts.

Archived