7 Day So. Caribbien from San Juan

BcIcemen

We are going on this cruise in December, and we are counting the days...98 more days, to be exact. Since we've been to several of the ports, we aren't planning excursions for every day. If it's too port intensive for you, just stay on the ship one day and relax as we plan to do.

we have done this cruise 2 times and are going in 20 days again

1st time we had 1 day at sea before and 1 after

2nd cruise only 1 sea day

now no sea days well lots to do but have seen all but 1 port before many times so might not get off ship

this by far is our favorite place to sail from the people are great

:D

We are looking forward to this cruise also! Sailing in April/2010...seems so far away. This will be out 5th Carnival Cruise and the only port we have visited before was St.Thomas. We do not plan to book any tours prior to going. Is this a good idea? We just want to get off the ship and head for the nearest beach(via taxi), or just walk around the town, village and visit the local pubs and shops~! Has anyone ever done this? no plans?

This is a great cruise from a terrific embarkation port. We did this May/2008 with only one day at sea and loved it. I wouldn't consider the Caribbean port stops intensive at all. Getting a private tour guide is easy, relatively inexpensive and you can shorten it to your needs. Or you can just get a ride to the beach and relax. I say do it!! :D

We are looking forward to this cruise also! Sailing in April/2010...seems so far away. This will be out 5th Carnival Cruise and the only port we have visited before was St.Thomas. We do not plan to book any tours prior to going. Is this a good idea? We just want to get off the ship and head for the nearest beach(via taxi), or just walk around the town, village and visit the local pubs and shops~! Has anyone ever done this? no plans?

Hi Marnie When are you going in April 2010 We are going April 25th and there are three other couples we know of. Dont forget to check out the roll calls for the Victory in the other section of this board. Hopefully we'll see you "on ship". We're planning on booking at least one tour through Levi Bumping on Dominica and one snorkeling day somewhere - probably Barbados. Enjoy the week

Garry + Pauline

panama tiger

I've done that itinerary twice, and loved it both times. There is a lot of port time - every day you wake up and the scenery has changed! It's pretty neat.

Of course, ports mean you will want to get up and go sightseeing, so don't expect relaxing days by the pool. Relaxing nights, yes. I guess you can choose not to get off the ship but few people do, if they have not been there before.

We did this cruise in March 09, it was our 6th cruise and by far our favorite. I had worried that it would be to port intensive but it was just a perfect itinerary. It was the 2nd time we had been on the Victory and love it.

We did not book anything with the cruise ship we did everything ourselves.

If you like 4 straight stops then you'll have a good time. It seems the same on the last stop. For us on the Princess last April we had St THomas as our last stop. Since I been there before, I didn't bother getting off the ship. Now that was relaxing, as I had a tiny town all to myself on the ship.

Have fun, and book it!

We'll be doing this itinerary April 18th, 2010.

We have been on other port intensive itineraries. One was a 12 day to Hawaii. We had 7 port days in a row. Hawaii might not sound tiring but by our last 2 port days I was exhausted. We hiked to the top of Diamond Head, after that we were too tired for anything else, went back to the ship and relaxed.

On this cruise we've only planned 2 excursions, a sailing/snorkeling tour with some other cc members in Barbados and ziplining in St. Lucia. Might book 1 other but that's it. The other islands I've researched what there is to do, we can decide when we get there.

I think you have to pace yourself. Maybe book a couple excursions and the other ports see how you feel. There will be taxis available for beach transit, etc.

I've done this cruise twice (08 & 09). Had a blast and thinking og doing it again next yr. Agree with previous poster, nice to wake up to a different port each day. Just do your research and figure out what you want to do if anything at each port.

We did this cruise three times and loved every island. In 2004 and 2006 Aruba was a stop so there were only 4 islands on the itinerary. In 2008 we stopped at 6 islands and each day was better than the one before. I There is a lot of port time every day. I don' think we left before 7 on any day.

My particualar favorites are Barbados and St. Kitts. We took the "ff the Beatoen PAth" tour on St. Kitts with Greg. His enthusiasm for this island made for a wonderful day of history on St. Kitts.

Have a wonderful time on your cruise.:)

We are sailing on the Victory on 4/4/2010....and although there is a port everyday, I think we are planning on doing a couple of beach days in there! That should make it a little less hectic! It looks like there are some very beautiful beaches on Barbados and Antigua!!

i did this cruise last may and really liked it. in fact i booked it again for jan '10. so in a way, i'm doing it back to back with 20 months in between. if you cruise for the ship activities, you might not like it. if you cruise for the ports, you'll love it. i like the ports, so in my opinion, it's the best caribbean cruise carnival offers.

Sailed Victory in March of this year. Of our cruise experiences this was far and away our best. You just can't beat the beatiful islands on this itinerary. Truly most of the stops are really what sailing the Caribbean is all about.

We loved Dominica though it seems most don't. St Lucia is wonderful and don't miss the Pitons or Jalouise Beach while there.

San Juan has a lot to offer and if possible give yourself the day there on Saturday. Leave on Monday if you can to avoid mass confusion at the airport on Sunday and don't forget to have your bags inspected at the agricultural station when you arrive at the airport.

There are many solid reviews on CC as well as a thread dedicated to "all things Victory" Check them out as there is tons of helpful info

Happy Sailing!

We're going to be on this cruise, the Victory next week. Lots of planning to do, but we've been to all of the islands with the exception of Dominica. We've done other cruises with 1 sea day. They are usually exhausting, so you have to pace yourself!:D This time we are only doing 2 excursions, and the rest we are beaching it, and a bit of shopping!

#1 Coki Beach - St. Thomas - the beauty of the beach and people make this beach my favorite. I love the Mailman - serving drinks along the beach.

#2 Accra Beach - Barbados - Wonderful , fun waves.

#3 Magen's Bay Beach - St. Thomas - Just pure beauty

panamatiger, we are sailing on the 11th of April! We will miss you by a couple of weeks....enjoy!

We will be sailing with you on April 11. Did you go with the ES rate? Should be interesting to see about a price drop. Think it would be called Fat Chance, had heard Carnival opens up the ship to the people from San Juan, if the ship is not full, at really great prices. Well, good for them.

Archived