Any help gratefully received

Tac123

Hi, my husband and I have just booked to go on legend of the seas in feb to Hong Kong/vietnam/taiwan. Any advice on the ship,rooms,typical weather to expect would be gratefully recieved as we havn't a clue. Will it be mixed nationality(we are british). Could anyone please explain how this gratuity system works, am I going to have money added to my bill without me knowing (until I get my bill at the end of the holiday).I know we sound clueless but to be honest we are. Thanks.

Hi, my husband and I have just booked to go on legend of the seas in feb to Hong Kong/vietnam/taiwan. Any advice on the ship,rooms,typical weather to expect would be gratefully recieved as we havn't a clue. Will it be mixed nationality(we are british). Could anyone please explain how this gratuity system works, am I going to have money added to my bill without me knowing (until I get my bill at the end of the holiday).I know we sound clueless but to be honest we are. Thanks.

We've sailed the Legend in the past and it is a pretty ship. Well maintained and friendly. Since this is your first cruise some general comments. Regardless of what category cabin that you've booked you have full access to the amenities of the ship. I would tell you to assume that it will be mixed nationality with the predominance of the passengers being Asian. RCCL adds a 15% gratuity to all bar orders and shows it on the chit that you sign. No surprises there. There is also a tipping guideline for your service staff. This includes your cabin attendant, waiter, asst waiter, and head waiter. The recommended tips add up to about 7 euros per day per person. You can add it to your account if you request it to be done. Otherwise, you can tip in cash. They will provide you envelopes with the position noted for each server. The staff works very hard and generally provides excellent service.

The rooms are small! It is not until you book a Jr. Suite that you have a cabin the size of a small hotel room. You have a nice balcony and a tub in the bath. The smaller staterooms have a bathroom with a shower only and a normal size person just barely fits inside the curtain. The bathroom itself has room for 1 person to stand in front of the sink and not much more. The larger suites provide much more comfort at a steeper price and the interior and oceanview staterooms are very cramped but very functional as well. The majority of people view their cabins as places to sleep, clean up, and change clothing. Book what your travel budget dictates.

The food in the dining room is good as long as you view it in the proper perspective. It is not a gourmet venue. It is more like a banquet facility serving 1000+ meals all at once.

I hope that this has helped. I would recommend checking a weather web site for the weather in that part of the world when your cruise is scheduled.

Have fun

Archived