Need concierge information from the experts!

Am I correct that I will receive some type of correspondence from the concierge on the Radiance prior to sailing? About when would I expect that to occur?

At that time, would I be able to ask the concierge if he has or can find information as to how many teens are anticipated to be onboard?

Could I ask him to confirm a table for 10 at the first seating or to change us to MTD?

Thanks!

If all 10 of you are on one reservation, you'll be assured of sitting together. If some of you have seperate reservation/booking numbers, just call RCI now, and have them linked. The concierge doesn't need to do that, and there's no need to wait. There are plenty of 10-tops in the dining room, but they need to know that you're all "one party"!

Am I correct that I will receive some type of correspondence from the concierge on the Radiance prior to sailing? About when would I expect that to occur?

At that time, would I be able to ask the concierge if he has or can find information as to how many teens are anticipated to be onboard?

Could I ask him to confirm a table for 10 at the first seating or to change us to MTD?

Thanks!

Regarding your first questions: Unless you're in a Suite or are a Diamond or Diamond Plus C&A member, you probably won't automatically hear from the concierge before your cruise.

Thanks, rayjacki

I am both Diamond and in a full suite.

So, did you book the GS/E or the RFS? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

BTW, sometimes the concierge will contact suite guests, and sometimes he won't. If you really want pre-cruise contact, YOU should initiate it:

RD_concierge@rccl.com (there is an "underline" between RD and concierge, which won't show up once I post this, but don't forget it when you address your email!)

Regarding your first questions: Unless you're in a Suite or are a Diamond or Diamond Plus C&A member, you probably won't automatically hear from the concierge before your cruise.

Jacki, the concierges don't contact D or D+ before cruises, only suite guests, and not 100% of the time.

Thanks, rayjacki

I am both Diamond and in a full suite.

Well then - depending on who the concierge is, you may receive an e-mail a few weeks before your sail date. Our concierge on the Freedom (Francois Roux) offered to make any needed specialty restaurant reservations or other desired pre-arrangements for us, as well as offering any other help that he could. First time in all of our cruises that this happenend to us though.

Princessscuba

I have reluctantly called the TA to ask for the switch to the RFS on Deck 9. My husband and son rather surprised me by wanting this option. I would have guessed that would have wanted the separate cabins. (Everytime I walk by 1060 I will be a little jealous of the lucky folks who get it)

I think it was the thought of 5 nights of happy hour that they couldn't resist!

Princessscuba

I have reluctantly called the TA to ask for the switch to the RFS on Deck 9. My husband and son rather surprised me by wanting this option. I would have guessed that would have wanted the separate cabins. (Everytime I walk by 1060 I will be a little jealous of the lucky folks who get it)

I think it was the thought of 5 nights of happy hour that they couldn't resist!

I quite understand the irresistibility!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Archived