How to prepay tips?

dballz

So I had booked my cruise through my credit card travel agency because I had a points discount. I thought I would be able to prepay tips by going online but can't seem to find it anywhere. Do I have to call the credit card travel agency to do it through them or is there somewhere online I can do it?

Thanks!

In your profile you can select your preference to prepay tips, but I think that is onlyif you book through Carnival. I think your travel agent/agency has to do it for you. I just did it Friday through my agent. EM

You can also go with an outside agency, that's what we're going to do. Carnival wants over $400 for the four of us and we can get it for a little over $100 that way. Save $ for you trip!

Prepaid tips are set, there are no discounts.

If you booked thru a TA, you will have to pay thru the TA.

You can also go with an outside agency, that's what we're going to do. Carnival wants over $400 for the four of us and we can get it for a little over $100 that way. Save $ for you trip!

Would you mind telling how this works? CCL asks $10 per day, per person for tips. If I did my math correctly, you must have booked a ten day cruise or better. Just curious....

So I had booked my cruise through my credit card travel agency because I had a points discount. I thought I would be able to prepay tips by going online but can't seem to find it anywhere. Do I have to call the credit card travel agency to do it through them or is there somewhere online I can do it?

Thanks!

Since you have used a travel agency, you will have to contact them concerning anything to do with your cruise, such as upgrades, dining options, etc. Let them know you wish to have the tips included in your final costs. Otherwise, when you board the ship they will automatically be added to your Sail & Sign card.

We are talking about Tips, not insurance, which I am sure you are talking about. The tips are set in place they are $10.00 per person.

If you go to manage my booking, you can also do it. If I can do it, anybody can do it.

But only if you use a PVP, not a TA. If you use a TA then you have to go through your TA and have them charge your Credit Card for the tips. If you use a TA you can not use the "manage my booking" function.

Oh ok. Then I guess I will call them next month so it's on next months credit card bill. This month I am booking a couple of excursions and a car rental so trying to do a little at a time so I am not shocked by the S&S bill at the end of the cruise. We are sailing in Dec and this time have the kids with us so I know it will be more expensive.

• 1 month later...
If you go to manage my booking, you can also do it. If I can do it, anybody can do it.

Under "Manage my booking" I only have the following options:

Modify Booking

Make a payment

Cancel Booking

Obviously I don't want to cancel. Under "make a payment" my only option is to put in an amount and fill out CC information. It doesn't show what this is for. We have already paid for the cruise.

I didn't see anything about tips in Modify Booking.

Suggestions?

Archived