Conquest Review 8/23-8/30

Scott_F

[quote name='Luluwa'][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue][B]Fury Beach? Tell me more please. I'm headed to Cozumel in Oct and in Jan on two separate ships.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]:confused:[/QUOTE]

They called it Fury Beach. The Fury company owns a small fleet of catamarans used for various excursions. This excursion was the "Deluxe Snorkel, Sail and Beach" something or another. Wife wanted to snorkel and we booked this on the ship. It was a "wham, bham" excursion. Not really enough time snorkeling or at the beach. But, they said 3.5 hours and it was 3.5 hours. Left plenty of time to explore Cozumel. As you can see, they had lots of float toys, climbing wall, big slide, water trampoline....

I would still prefer the Passion Island beach trip. The official Carnival excursion is called Twister by Isla Passion. They take you on a speed boat to the island, do some 180's in the boat as you get close, gets everyone wet type of thing. Then you spend all day at their beach with a buffet and open bar. To me, this was the best beach I've ever seen.

We did not do Twister again, because my wife got sick on the way back last time. Her sea sick patch had come off the day before and neither of us knew it. It was June hot and we'd all been eating and drinking at the beach all day.... she got sick on the way back. Then again, she doens't like roller coasters either or anything with lots of motion like that.

Your mileage may vary. We almost booked directly with passion island, but the logistics were too much for my wife. She was not comfortable booking outside of Carnival.

I'll post some Passion Island photos ... (where they film the Corona commercials)

[IMG]http://hphotos-snc1.fbcdn.net/hs264.snc1/9116_1212160950490_1422762488_604445_6434562_n.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://hphotos-snc1.fbcdn.net/hs264.snc1/9116_1212161150495_1422762488_604447_2702477_n.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://hphotos-snc1.fbcdn.net/hs244.snc1/9116_1212161270498_1422762488_604448_5150760_n.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://hphotos-snc1.fbcdn.net/hs244.snc1/9116_1212162070518_1422762488_604455_4672807_n.jpg[/IMG]

• 3 weeks later...
I am sailing in 10 days on the Conquest with a large group of my fun, fellow Realtors in my office in Katy, TX ( we sailed last October on the Ecstasy and had a ball.). This year, we have booked the Supper Club (not available on the other ship) and look forward to it.

Sounds like you and your wife had a wonderful time and you have the perfect attitude for cruising. I am always surprised when people share a floating hotel with 3000 guests and are then disappointed when others make noise, smoke on balconies, splash too much at the pool, etc (basically enjoy their vacation). Lighten up folks... it's called a vacation.

Anyone else sharing this trip with us?

[quote name='Cruisechristi']I am sailing in 10 days on the Conquest with a large group of my fun, fellow Realtors in my office in Katy, TX ( we sailed last October on the Ecstasy and had a ball.). This year, we have booked the Supper Club (not available on the other ship) and look forward to it.

Sounds like you and your wife had a wonderful time and you have the perfect attitude for cruising. I am always surprised when people share a floating hotel with 3000 guests and are then disappointed when others make noise, smoke on balconies, splash too much at the pool, etc (basically enjoy their vacation). Lighten up folks... it's called a vacation.

Anyone else sharing this trip with us?[/QUOTE]

My wife and I are Realtors in College Station (she's full time, I"m not). Can we go again? :)

Archived