Will United help me with US Air flights

Mary Louise

Hello,

I booked my air for the February week vacation (Feb 18 - 26) last March through United Airlines. This is a very busy week so I always book my air 331 days out. They gave me US Airway flights. At that time I was not worried about US Air. United and US Airways code shares with each other. I called United to see if they would change my flights to United flights and they told me that they could not. All flights are booked solid. This is a very busy week for New Englanders to travel to the south. The person at United told me that United would have to assist those passengers on US Airway flights in case something should happen. She told me not to worry. Does anyone know what or if any obligation United has for those passengers booked on US Air flights through United. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know that United is also in financial trouble, but at this time US Air seems to be the greater risk right now.

Thank you

ML

Uh -- well -- they don't assign exit row seats, true, but they do sell them, prior to the day of departure. Actually, airlines typically oversell flights -- sell more seats than they actually have on the aircraft -- forecasting some folks won't show. So you may want to keep contacting them to see if anything opens up in the meantime. I personally would call every day or two (but that's me).

Archived