Anyone for Kayaking while in La Baie Oct 15Th

mdod

I also posted this on the NCL Spirit Roll Call yesterday.

Fjord en Kayak offers 3 hour kayak trips on the Sagenay River from L'Anse-Saint-Jean (an hour drive from La Baie) for $48pp.

http://www.fjord-en-kayak.ca/PagesEn...ort-tours.html

Their website says they run through mid-Oct but their 9:30 tour is probably cutting it too close and the 2:00 tour is too late so I sent them an email asking if they could run a tour a little later in the morning if we had enough interest. He responded that they normally close after Canadian Thanksgiving (Oct 12) but he would talk to his partner and get back to me by Thu (Sept 3rd).

Is anyone else interested in doing this trip with us? I assume the larger the group, the more likely they would consider the request. The ship offers a 1 1/4hr kayak trip but you can't see very much with that short a time. We can supposedly arrange to get a rental car at the dock, although I haven't done that yet.

Any comments in about kayaking there in Oct? I can't find very much information online.

I got a response back from Fjord en Kayak and he said the trip in Oct is marginal but can be nice. He suggested that we rent a car and call him when we get into La Baie and, if the weather is nice, we can kayak from 11:30-2:30. If not, we could visit the town and the National Park without having to be in a kayak. That sounds like a win-win to me.

Here's some other info he sent:

"We have Neoprene pants, Paddle jacket neoprene shoes and mits. You have to bring a long sleeve polar shirt and a hat. We have few polar shirt to lend you. Bring your camera we have dry bags for that. This type of service is at Fjord en Kayak located at L'Anse-Saint-Jean.

Kayaking the Saguenay is the best way to understand the geology and the history on our region."

Please reply here if you are interested.

We did a lot of walking. Plenty to enjoy doing that. I was there at about the same time of year. Mostly the weather was OK but when it rains it really comes down hard. We were there long enough to do a tour on a fast boat that goes up and down the river. Don't know if that would click with your ship schedule.

The reason you are there is to look at the scenery. It is wonderful. I love watching ships and spent hours doing that as there is a lot of ship traffic. We had some great meals. After a hot, long Texas summer, just being there restores your health and well being. Fresh air! Cool fresh air!

Archived