Seattle- Can I make 11:45am Flight?

BuckeyeLotus

Pearl Docks at 8am at Pier 66. Plane takes off from SeaTac at 11:45am.

Normally I wouldn't try for it but i have a chance for a free flight and that is the latest one available. A little stress for a free flight? Is it really doable? I defer to you experts. I would self debark in the morning and check into the flight the night before. What do you think? Free is worth some stress but not worth missing the plane...

Yes, as noted in the other thread, you shouldn't have a problem. Even if there are some customs delays getting off the ship, so long as you're off by 10 AM (which would get you to the airport by around 10:30 AM), you should be fine. And you should be off much earlier than that, esp if you do self-debarkation.

Even in the summer, I rarely find it takes longer than 30-45 minutes to check in and get through security but of course the earlier you can get there the better.

One Seatac tip that might help: you can use any security line to get to your gate, not just the one closest to your gate. So if the line is long at one security area, try heading to another one (the one furthest south for Terminal A tends to have the shortest lines, I've found, although not always).

We also have a 11.45 flight to LA when we disembark the Mercury at Pier 66. At the moment I have a town car booked for 9.00am. I am now wondering of we would be better just to get a cab to the airport as I've read on these boards that they charge a set fee from the Pier to Sea-tac.

We are Elite CC members so hopefully we should be able to disembark fairly early.

Has anyone had a long wait for cabs at Pier 66?

Archived