Liverpool - June 8, 2017 - Election Day

I will be in Liverpool on June 8, 2017 on the Oceania Nautica. Since that date is an election day in the UK, I was wondering if anyone knows if that will effect opening hours of museums, etc. in Liverpool and if it effects public transit schedules?

I will be in Liverpool on June 8, 2017 on the Oceania Nautica. Since that date is an election day in the UK, I was wondering if anyone knows if that will effect opening hours of museums, etc. in Liverpool and if it effects public transit schedules?

Honestly it won't affect any of the tourist attractions or the public transport in Liverpool, it will just seem like a normal day

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No, no worries - everything as normal :)

You'll mebbe pass a polling station or two, see/hear a loudspeaker car or two, but that's about it.

Especially in Liverpool, where red isn't for Labour, it's for Liverpool Football Club. And blue isn't for Conservative, it's for Everton Football Club.

Far more important than political organisations :D#

JB :)

As others have said, there will be no effect on opening hours anywhere and public transport etc.

There will be one difference to other days though, and that is that a number of polling stations are in schools, so some school children will be on holiday that day. That will be the schools for younger children though (under 11), rather than the schools for older ones. That will mean you will find some places a bit more crowded than they would have been otherwise, e.g. The Mersey Ferry, Otterspool Promenade and other parks etc. and the more local beaches. Some museums will be a bit more busy as well, along with the restaurants/cafes that people tend to take children.

Having said that, it would be even busier if you arrived this coming week, or from the last week or so of July, to the first few days of September as that is the main school holidays. Weekends get much busier as well of course. Not a problem really as there is a lot to do in Liverpool, but it may have a slight difference in what you plan to do.

Enjoy my home city - I am sure you will.