Anyone on qm2 may 10 crossing?

rgaudet

Sigh....silence. I will just check the webcam each day and imagine being at sea!

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the webcams have been stuck for a couple days now. I hadn't been paying attention myself, but Ray66 pointed that out yesterday. So unless that problem is resolved, I'm sorry to say the webcam won't even help much to imagine the actual crossing currently in progress. Right now the QM2 webcam is showing an image from before her arrival in Southampton yesterday.

Regards,

John.

Unfortunately the webcams have been stuck for a couple days now. I hadn't been paying attention myself, but Ray66 pointed that out yesterday. So unless that problem is resolved, I'm sorry to say the webcam won't even help much to imagine the actual crossing currently in progress. Right now the QM2 webcam is showing an image from before her arrival in Southampton yesterday.

Regards,

John.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice this. I thought it was just me and have been trying to resolve the issue by refreshing my browser on both this website and the sea-scanner website, clearing my cookies and cache, but I'm still seeing images of what I think were from 9th May. I've never know this happen before.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice this. I thought it was just me and have been trying to resolve the issue by refreshing my browser on both this website and the sea-scanner website, clearing my cookies and cache, but I'm still seeing images of what I think were from 9th May. I've never know this happen before.

One of the first things I checked were the webcam images on the "Our Ships" pages of Cunard's web site itself to see if the images were updating there. Since that's not the case, I presume whatever process is responsible for updating the webcam images on the Cunard web site is not functioning. I hope this is just a temporary problem, although based on the extended web site outage that occurred earlier this year around Easter, I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by bluemarble

It is sad the webcam isn't working. Despite it being a tiny window into the crossing I love to watch it on the crossings and imagine being there. But I will have to wait until Tuesday and watch the New York port webcam.

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the webcam not working perhaps have any effect upon internet connection being down? We are awaiting a note from someone who is currently onboard and haven't heard anything.

I've sent and received emails with friends currently on board QM2 with no issues, so I don't think there can be a problem there.

I hope the webcam failure is resolved soon (or do we have to wait until after the refit?).

Edited by pepperrn

I've sent and received emails with friends currently on board QM2 with no issues, so I don't think there can be a problem there.

I hope the webcam failure is resolved soon (or do we have to wait until after the refit?).

Pepper we should be on board shouldn't we?! Nothing like a spring crossing!

Rob

Pepper we should be on board shouldn't we?! Nothing like a spring crossing! Rob
Indeed we should Rob; May '14 (and the 10th Ann. Crossing) seems such a long time ago now :( .

Happy Sailings to you :)

Edited by pepperrn

Sorry for the delay in replying - you know the speed and expense of connections. ...at least until the promised speed upgrade after the refit.

She's looking great. (I was afraid she'd be a bit threadbare in anticipation of the refit). I'm told that some of the space on Deck 12 is inaccessible due to prep for the new single cabins, but I've not been up there.

About 4 hours ago we passed the Titanic spot.

Any questions?

Mark

Sorry for the delay in replying - you know the speed and expense of connections. ...at least until the promised speed upgrade after the refit.

She's looking great. (I was afraid she'd be a bit threadbare in anticipation of the refit). I'm told that some of the space on Deck 12 is inaccessible due to prep for the new single cabins, but I've not been up there.

Any questions?

Mark

Hi Mark. I'm thinking maybe you meant to write Deck13 rather than Deck 12? Inquiring minds want to know what's going on Deck 13 :cool:

Enjoy your voyage.

Regards,

Salacia

Any questions?

Mark

Hi mark

How has the weather been? Smooth or rough seas? Have you been partaking of any good enrichment talks?

Hope you are enjoying the crossing!

Rob

The single cabins will be on Decks 2 and 3.

Hi Mark. I'm thinking maybe you meant to write Deck13 rather than Deck 12? Inquiring minds want to know what's going on Deck 13 :cool:

Enjoy your voyage.

Regards,

Salacia

As our next voyage is booked in a Deck 13 cabin I am looking forward to first-hand reports after the refurbishment.

Of course, the cabins on 13 will be Britannia Club.

I attempted to go up there today, but due to high winds decks above 12 were closed. I'm sure that if I went there, some areas would be blocked-off as promised. To be frank, aside from a late breakfast one morning in the Kings Court (which reminded us why we avoid it), we didn't venture beyond the public rooms on 2 & 3, the Commodore Club and our cabin.

We've enjoyed Bill Millers talks on classic liners and a lecturer on NY architecture. I heard good reports about Ken Walsh's talks on politics (something I'm trying to avoid these days) as well as talks by a captain of the Concorde and WWII. No RADA or Julliard this trip.

We caught an acrobatic act (good eye candy) and the "Broadway Rocks" revue show which reinforces that Cunard's strength lies in their wonderful assortment of live musicians rather than their shows. Many passengers had a great time at comedian Matt Doyle's show.

The planetarium is up and running. (but offering the same "Infinity Express" show for the past three days. I miss the old shows from the AMNH) There are still a minority of malfunctioning seats.

Seas have been a bit bumpy, but less than we've experienced on our previous crossings. No complaints.

I'm already looking forward to another voyage on her. (None scheduled yet)

Edited by MarkBearSF

Hi all,

Got in yesterday from QM2 and I’m dealing with 4 months of mail! That was the last leg of my World Cruise on QE(FABULOUS:D), which began back in January 3rd when I sailed East on QM2 to Southampton.

QM2 (my fave) was looking good overall; closer looks saw some wear and tear-you’d have ware and tear too charging back and forth across the Atlantic for 12 years! The maintenance was constant all over the place; regular scrapping and hammering and chipping and painting and varnishing. We had a couple of days of heavy seas with very high winds; but there were teams of deck crew working where they could despite the weather! The ship rode the waves very well and motion was minimal to non-existent.

I’ve crossed on QM2 every year since she was new and she is still looking great. The bars were busy and I met a number of folks who were repeat travelers and who were very happy to be aboard again. My table was something of a mixed bag but that happens-there have been times when I HAD to move. The vast majority looked great in evening finery on Formal evenings and they were generally correctly clothed on Smart Casual evenings.

After four months of cruising and touring and flying and driving, I enjoyed a fine,quiet crossing and I was well looked after by Elmer my room Steward.

I hope the re-fit doesn’t mess up stuff and is careful to preserve QM2’s grandeur and ambience as a great Atlantic liner that happens to also do cruises-I’ve been on some of them and they were fine-but she’s an Atlantic liner. :D

One of the first things I checked were the webcam images on the "Our Ships" pages of Cunard's web site itself to see if the images were updating there. Since that's not the case, I presume whatever process is responsible for updating the webcam images on the Cunard web site is not functioning. I hope this is just a temporary problem, although based on the extended web site outage that occurred earlier this year around Easter, I'm not holding my breath.

Looks like the webcams are working once more at last. I saw a post from someome on the P&O forum saying that their webcams weren't updating either.

I wonder what the QV is having delivered today in Southampton in what looks like large containers.

2yla25i.jpg