Magic vs Sunshine

• 1 month later...

Haven't sailed magic but sailed on sunshine arou d Christmas. Deck 5 aft with 2 little ones was great. There are a few added on room back there and it's out of the wind. We walked straight down the hall and our room was at the end. So easy for little ones. Also they always served food on deck 5 and not many knew that so there was never any lines. You could find breakfast, lunch, and at dinner it was the taste bar. The camp staff was amazing even though we heard they were understaffed. Only complaint was they didn't have a camp meet and greet the first night so we took our kids to the hot tub/pool and they were playing grown ups 2 l. I think they should have had a kids movie on a night there was no camp. Also red frog pup doesn't offer the appetizers on the sunshine. Anyhow it was a great family vacation and I think deck 5 and faster to the fun really helped.

I have been on both and wouldn't hesitate to sail either again. I like the better specialty restaurants on the Sunshine, but the Magic gets the edge because it has more places to get away from the crowds for quiet relaxation, which is very important to me.

I have been on both and I greatly prefer the Magic. It's a much newer ship, and the cabins are much nicer. The Sunshine is obviously a renovated older ship and not much was done to the older cabins. The newer cabins are nice, but the original cabins show their age and don't even have mini-bar fridges.

Have been on both. Was on the Sunshine repo from New Orleans to Port Canaveral 11 nights and Magic western Caribbean 7 nights. Ship to ship prefer the Magic. If you go after the dry dock in early 2016 the Sunshine can't hold a candle to the Magic. Well Jamie Dee is a great CD!

I actually sailed both of them in the Mediterranean when they were new (well, you know...). I greatly prefer the Magic. It is a nice size with many venues and places to check out. The Sunshine was too crowded and the layout is funky creating a lot of bottlenecks. I did enjoy the Asian place quite a bit on the Sunshine, but that is the only positive I would give it over the Magic.

I have sailed both ships. I like them both, but the Sunshine gets my vote. Your kids would have a blast on either ship. The Sunshine has more adult areas and more specialty restaurants. I also thought the Sunshine had better shows and food then the Magic.

Have been on both. Was on the Sunshine repo from New Orleans to Port Canaveral 11 nights and Magic western Caribbean 7 nights. Ship to ship prefer the Magic. If you go after the dry dock in early 2016 the Sunshine can't hold a candle to the Magic. Well Jamie Dee is a great CD!

So Magic is going into dry dock? Do you know dates?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app