Last day for 50% off deposit

DKNE

I asked on the Vista board but may get a faster response here as the day is quickly coming to a close here lol

Looking at the Vista, ok well not looking, gonna book the Vista for Jan 2017. Today is the last day for the 50% off deposit.

Should I wait and see what other deals are gonna come about (especially being a past guest), or book it and sit pretty and wait for price drops ? Some of past guests booked on the Vista have seen had price drops already!

And also what is the difference in booking a 'price protection' room and a super saver rate?

I don't want to book a rate and then not be able to upgrade because I booked the wrong 'type' of room.

Thanks for your help :)

I don't think I can be helpful but I will throw in a penny's worth.

I THINK super saver allows Carnival to assign your room within a specified category (inside, balcony, etc.) I simply don't know if you are eligible to price match.

I always book Early Saver because I am willing to live with the restrictions (basically no changes except upsells).

Half price or reduced deposits have never been a factor. The money is due at some point. I generally have paid full deposit when booking because to price match to a lower price the deposit must usually be paid in full anyway.

Hope you enjoy your cruise!