My review on the Escape...LOTS of pictures.

jorge18

My family (I’m 30, wife is 29, MIL and FIL are in their 60s and my son is 3) went on this cruise on April 30th through the 7th. First and foremost, we almost cancelled this cruise as we booked it almost a year ago, and while reading the terrible reviews we were scared. I’m glad we didn’t. Pretty much all of the bad things that we read about, we didn’t encounter. Not sure if NCL fixed these issues, or if it was just petty people that will complain about any and everything (my vote is on the latter). My wife and I travel quite often and usually travel luxuriously via credit card points and miles so we’re accustomed to a higher level of service and comfort. I was pleasantly surprised with the service on the ship. Everything was AMAZING. I honestly cannot remember a single time where I had something to legitimately complain about. Was everything absolutely perfect at all times? No, but it will never be.

Enough with my rant…on to the review!

Embarkation

We live in Miami so getting to the port was obviously much easier than most of you. We got to the port around 10:30am.

Crowd outside the terminal

DSC07739_zps8qwvoayo.jpg

We were through security and check in area and in the waiting area by 11 and were handed a tag for group 25.

DSC07740_zpsy9go7loh.jpg

DSC07741_zpszo04r6u7.jpg

DSC07744_zpsysjcmqig.jpg

DSC07747_zpsujl02sip.jpg

The waiting area was PACKED but we were able to find some free area in another small holding area to the right.

DSC07749_zps7gtcstoe.jpg

They had refreshments (Coffee and Tea) while you waiting which was a nice choice. I didn't have any so I can't comment on the quality.

DSC07757_zpsvkvmzwxm.jpg

DSC07758_zpswn0soqox.jpg

DSC07760_zpskvmyc7q1.jpg

The ship is absolutely amazing! You can tell it's new. Before this cruise I was a little weary of cruising because I had been only on smaller, older (cheaper) cruises and this one has really changed my mind completely. The boat is HUGE and even though there's 5,000+ on board, I never felt crowded.

Kids club area

DSC07763_zps5sjxtsth.jpg

DSC07764_zps97tuvrmc.jpg

DSC07766_zpscy8sjtit.jpg

The room was very well appointed. As I said before, I didn't feel crowded in the room and it was very comfortable with tons of storage space. We were in room 9122, which connected to the in laws room. The room for my son to run around both rooms was great which I'm sure helped with the whole situation.

DSC07782_zps9tbrxncq.jpg

DSC07784_zps9hwtwm1k.jpg

DSC07785_zpsvcny7dvr.jpg

DSC07786_zpst7edkekr.jpg

DSC07787_zpsjrhlxgcd.jpg

DSC07788_zpsks6rht5a.jpg

Random thought - The TV lineup SUCKS. I mean it's terrible. And I know, I know..."you're on a cruise, don't watch tv...blah blah blah" sometimes it's nice to just lay in bed and catch a movie or a TV show and it's pretty much impossible to do so. It's the same crappy movies and TV shows playing over and over and over.

You can charge your phone or whatever else right on the lamp which is very convenient.

DSC07789_zpspvzibrhb.jpg

The bathroom was definitely a little tight, but still bigger than what I'm used to on the smaller ships. It really wasn't that bad.

DSC07790_zpsdky1i99y.jpg

DSC07791_zps1vp7xywn.jpg

DSC07792_zpsgvhfyvoq.jpg

Beautiful Star Island on your way out...

DSC07798_zpso8pzmae0.jpg

On to the food, which might be the most important part of the cruise.

.....Drum roll please......

It was AMAZING.

Be forewarned; I'm not a overly picky eater, but I definitely know the difference between good and bad food.

The buffet was surprisingly good, with A LOT of different options. I can't imagine somebody not being able to find something that they would like to eat.

The a la carte restaurants were great too. We had the dining package so we were able to enjoy a couple of the restaurants.

Cagney's was just OK. It wasn't bad, but it was great either. Everywhere we travel we usually go to a nice steakhouse so maybe we're a little spoiled on amazing steakhouses. Pictures to come.

The churrasqueria is a definite must. The meat was great as were the sides!

And lastly, the Teppenyaki was AMAZING. Pictures to come as well.

DSC07809_zpsmokicfgx.jpg

DSC07812_zpsamawtlzp.jpg

DSC07813_zpsse0q0vdp.jpg

DSC07814_zpsabhvvj4m.jpg

DSC07815_zpstt5pqzjr.jpg

DSC07816_zps3kw0vmxd.jpg

My family (I’m 30, wife is 29, MIL and FIL are in their 60s and my son is 3) went on this cruise on April 30th through the 7th. First and foremost, we almost cancelled this cruise as we booked it almost a year ago, and while reading the terrible reviews we were scared. I’m glad we didn’t. Pretty much all of the bad things that we read about, we didn’t encounter. Not sure if NCL fixed these issues, or if it was just petty people that will complain about any and everything (my vote is on the latter).

I would say it was just petty people. I was on the TA and then a B2B with one week being the same as yours. This is an awesome ship with the best crew. I had no complaints at all.

DSC07886_zpsdk9cm0re.jpg

DSC07888_zpsbrz3aft2.jpg

DSC07890_zps24uym43z.jpg

DSC07891_zps59psqymn.jpg

Here's the ONLY REAL complaint I had about the cruise. The kids food is absolute TRASH.

I know our son is in the minority, but he likes eating real food; not chicken nuggets and hot dogs. The literally do not have any 'healthy' options for kids so we were forced to order things off the adult menu and make it work for him. Like in the next picture, we got him some white rice, steam vegetables and the rotisserie chicken and he gobbled it up!

DSC07892_zps0hceohj4.jpg

DSC07895_zpsiluinxeu.jpg

We got some crappy weather a couple of the days, but it passed pretty quickly. The captain and crew did a good job of steering us away from the bad weather as you can see they veered off course to avoid it.

DSC07918_zpsyvppjcil.jpg

DSC07920_zpsc9sp4blt.jpg

DSC07921_zpsu5cfksio.jpg

DSC07922_zpsikpid9c6.jpg

DSC07923_zpsg0detci9.jpg

DSC07924_zpsk2rpip0q.jpg