Copenhagen card: Goood deal?

The wife and I will be doing a Pre-cruise stay through Princess at the Scandic Copenhagen hotel. Does this stay at the hotel include Copenhagen card for each person? On -line cost is about $57.00/person and admits you to ~73 different attractions for free for 24 hrs.?! Anyone done this through Princess ??

When we did the Baltic Cruise, I did the math to figure out whether the Copenhagen Card would be worth the price for us. I looked at possible attractions we might visit and the cost of using public transportation to get around for 24 hours and it just was NOT cost-effective for us. You'd have to do something similar to see if the Copenhagen Card would be cost-effective for you.

Unless there is a special promotion with the Scandic Hotel and/or Princess Cruises, I doubt seriously that a Copenhagen Card is included in the room rate.

Note, that even though you can get free admission to 73 attractions, it's unlikely you could visit more than 2 or 3 in one 24-hour time period.

The wife and I will be doing a Pre-cruise stay through Princess at the Scandic Copenhagen hotel. Does this stay at the hotel include Copenhagen card for each person? On -line cost is about $57.00/person and admits you to ~73 different attractions for free for 24 hrs.?! Anyone done this through Princess ??

The card is also good for transportation, however, I heard that Copenhagen is a very walkable city. Unless you plan to go to places that are further out or are not able to do much walking, this option will not be worthwhile.

You will probably have to do 2-3 museums/castles during the day and then Tivoli at night before it adds up.

But use the calculator on the webside to see if its worth it.

Notice that for transportation it calculate that you use the 24 hour transportation card that costs 130 but in this case you can probably just use the City Pass that costs 80.

So whatever resultat the calculator shows just minus it with 50 kroner.

Just a heads up that the price of the Copenhagen Card is going up on April 1. Due to the time difference, you should make your purchase by the afternoon of March 30.

You can purchase the cards now for your visit and redeem the voucher at terminal 3 when you arrive in Copenhagen.

I don't know what the new price will be for the cards but I know I like to save some money when I have the opportunity!

http://www.copenhagencard.com/prices-and-conditions/

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Probably not worth it for one day, but would be of more value for 3-5 days. Depends on what you want to see. Tivoli is open after hours (after 6pm) so is the Tycho Brahe Planetarium which are both on the Copenhagen Card so you could do a quick visit after everything else is shut.

And so the answer is simply "do the math." If you are the type of traveler who wants to cram lots of "events" into a short time it can be a smart purchase. But if you are like us and prefer to spend more time doing fewer things, than its not a good buy.

Hank

I stayed at the Scandic Copenhagen last year before my cruise and didn't buy the card. I walked all over the city and had no problems and never would really have used the card. The Princess help desk in the hotel did sell discounted tickets to Trivoli, it's a short walk from the hotel and I spent a very nice evening there.

A canal boat rode /tour is highly recommended.