Silversea Whisper terrace suite question

SSCAF001

Hello

I would like to know more about the terrace suites. It seems that these suites do not have a private terrace but a common terrace. Is it anyway possible to have some chairs on the terrace to rest there and enjoy the view or is the terrace a walking path where you cannot rest on a chair. Thanks for your answers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were in a terrace veranda on the Whisper last June. There were no chairs or tables on the terrace. It is used by some crew members to travel from one end to the other. You certainly could put one of the suite's chairs out when you wanted to sit outdoors. While I didn't ask, your butler might come up with a solution for a spare deck chair that you could use. My gut instinct is that there is no permanent deck furniture because the deck has to stay open for the safety of the crew and fellow passengers who might be walking past other suites. The furniture, if left out when not used, could be a trip hazard since more than the individual suite users use the same space. Maybe someone on the board that made a request for deck furniture could shed light on what Silverseas would allow or not allow.

We frequently travel in Terrace suites and Onetravelbug is quite correct. We did ask our butler on the WC whether we could have a chair from the Hot Rocks cafe instead of the chair in the suite so that we could use it on the Terrace, and after checking, he told us that it would not be permitted. We did take the chair from the suite outside several times, but immediately put it back in the cabin after use.

We love the Terrace suites because of their location on deck 5. They are quite convenient to the areas of the ship that interest us. The loss of a private veranda is not important to us, but it might be to others.

Hope this is helpful.

SSCAFOO1, recommend if you want a terrace suite book it soonest, these are coveted suites by Silversea regulars. We loved our Whisper Terrace suite as we dried our scuba gear outside for an hour or two then brought it in. Most importantly, grab you spouse/partner and a glass of your fav libation and toast each port during sail-always out on your public but somewhat private veranda.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We once spent 12 days in one in the Pacific and never saw another guest outside. You do have to remember that people can walk past so your privacy is slightly compromised and either keeping the curtains drawn or wearing clothes is advised[emoji51]

Sent from my iPad using Forums