Hamburg Cruise port location

tring

We are considering a cruise which starts from Steinwerder cruise terminal Hamburg. We want to spend a couple of nights in Hamburg pre cruise, so can anyone help regarding how to get to that cruise terminal from Hamburg? Would we need to get a taxi to the port or are shuttle buses available - it is a three night cruise, so we will not have much luggage and would like to use public transport if possible?

Also we are thinking of staying in the Park Inn by Radisson, which is North of the city as there is a good deal being offered by an agent - does this seem a good idea, or would we be better paying more and staying in a city centre hotel?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2437854

i wrote there some words, try http://www.hvv.de/en/

Landungsbruecken to Argentinienbrücke for the ferry at your date, i walked the last time and needed about 40 minutes from landungsbrücken via Alter Elbtunner ( under the Elbe ) and it was OK and will walk again. there is a bus line at the other site of the elbe ( at the Alter Elbtunnel ) steinwerder alter elbtunnel to argentinienbrücke but not saturdays, try the homepage too.

With the hotel it is difficult because everyone prefers other things. if i´m correct you have a 20 Minute walk to the next metro station or can use a bus. i don´t like bus. i woud prefer a hotel at the city centre or with a short walk to a metro station and not so far away, maybe with only 3-4 Station.

https://www.rome2rio.com/de/s/U-Bahnstation-Landungsbr%C3%BCcken/Park-Inn-by-Radisson-Hamburg-Nord

hope the link works, you need 50 minutes from landungsbruecken to the hotel

if this is ok for you why not

Thank you very much for the reply - much appreciated.

That hotel came with a deal offered by a specific agent, who also includes flights in the deal, but we have discovered we can do it more cheaply ourselves and also choose our own flight times and hotel (their flight arrives very late night - about 10pm). So have booked the cruise from 3rd Sept with MSC (£199pp for 3 nights in a Fantastica balcony) and looking at booking flights for 31st Aug and spending 3 nights in Hamburg. Looking for a central hotel - probably The Holiday Inn Express as we can earn loyalty points with them and it looks well placed.

Thanks again,

Barbara