Early Flight Out of Stockholm on Disembarkation Day

bussub

My Royal Caribbean ship docks in Stockholm at 7 am on a Sunday. I plan to book a 10am Lufthansa flight (the flight goes from Stockholm to Copenhagen and then on to Vancouver Canada). Just wondering if the 10am flight is doable.

When we disembark, do we still need to go through customs before heading out to the airport?

Thanks so much.

Edited by bussub

My Royal Caribbean ship docks in Stockholm at 7 am on a Sunday. I plan to book a 10am Lufthansa flight (the flight goes from Stockholm to Copenhagen and then on to Vancouver Canada). Just wondering if the 10am flight is doable.

When we disembark, do we still need to go through customs before heading out to the airport?

Thanks so much.

3 hours is a very short time with no margins whatsoever.

It might be theoretically possible but I would recommend to have a slightly larger margin in case there are delays and etc.

Stockholm is a little special due to the long sail in with many narrow passages, if it is windy or foggy there is a risk that you might miss your flight.

Thanks so much.

I would allow more time and choose a departing flight 12:00 pm or later. In addition to the long sail into Stockholm harbor, the airport is some distance from the city. You'll have more "peace of mind" choosing a later flight. :)

Normally no customs or immigration. Disembarkation process will be quite fast. You should allow 60 minutes from pier to Arlanda airport by taxi ( doable at a Sunday) and another hour for check in and security. So if ship at time and you can get off early there is a good chance. I have done these early flight but always had an contingency plan.

However flights to Copenhagen will normally not be Lufthansa but SAS. Also there are later departments either by SAS/Air Canada and also Icelandair.

From Stockholm to Vancouver I would either take a later flight or stay an extra day in Stockholm.

Sent from my iPad using Forums