Venice water taxi available on Eurodam?

mariopb

Hello fellow cruisers,

I tried the search bur could not find any answer.

Does anybody know whether HAL offers a water taxi pass in Venice? Princess offers this service but I haven't been to Venice with HAL. As an alternative I am looking at the Alilaguna water bus as they have a day ticket for 30 euros. But I found the taxi pass offered with Princess easier.

Thanks and maybe see some of you on thr 27th Sept. :)

Hello fellow cruisers,

I tried the search bur could not find any answer.

Does anybody know whether HAL offers a water taxi pass in Venice? Princess offers this service but I haven't been to Venice with HAL. As an alternative I am looking at the Alilaguna water bus as they have a day ticket for 30 euros. But I found the taxi pass offered with Princess easier.

Thanks and maybe see some of you on thr 27th Sept. :)

Alilaguna does not go to many places. The Vaporetto is easily accessible from the port using the People Mover to Piazzale Roma. From there you can go anywhere in Venice for a low day pass ticket

You can find info about day passes on the web site for Venice. I don't remember exactly what it is called, but a little looking and find it. The Vaporettos are like buses. The main line is up and down the grand canal.

Rick Steves even has a guided tour of the Grand Canal that narrates a cruise down the Grand Canal on the "milk run" (#2 line I believe). You can load it onto your cell phone and listen without needing data access.

Greg

Have never seen a HAL pass in Venice, even on a Grand cruise. Agree with the suggestion to take the People Mover to the station and purchase a vaporetto day pass which takes you almost everywhere. Found this on the web:

Vaporetto Prices in Venice are fixed and payable by credit card.

48 hour Tourist travel card ACTV; € 30.00

24 hour Tourist travel card ACTV: € 20.00

The vaporetto map is too large to attach but can be easily found on the web.

Edited by take us away

Vaporetto is definitely the way to go. If you get on one of the lines that goes down the Grand Canal at the Piazzale Roma or Station stops then it's often the first stop and you can get one of the outside seats at the front which is one of the best sightseeing trips you can do in my opinion. It takes about 30-40 mins down to St Marks Square but great fun.

Do a water taxi on your own, or, with someone else needing a ride.

It is a great thing to do and you need a stop close or at your hotel.

Yes, it is expensive. Did I mention it is expensive?

There is a fast vaporetto taxi taking up to 25 people from nr St Marks square to the airport. It was a few years ago & cost them was about 20/25 euros. It was fast quite early in the day & we had it all to ourselves. Can't remember if it was called aliguna or something else.

Thank you so much. Our flight arrives in Venice about 2:10 something like that. I figured by the time we get to the hotel and settled we would be able to

do St Marco . Now that I know about the Val... we can do that instead of a gondola. Once we embark the next day , when we get off the ship we can do the same thing. You have made my day. Now my DH will think that I am so smart. I read CC, he doesn't. Ha! Ha!