To those who did 55-day cruise on Prisendam

Mary El

I have a few questions. We are doing the 56-day cruise in March 2017.

What was the weather like? I've been going to all of our ports of call and it seems that during March and April the weather seems cool.

Were any of you upgraded?

What was the cruise like?

This is will be my second HAL cruise, after 30+ cruises with Celebrity.

I would do a Google search for weather in a selection of the ports to get an idea for historical data and ranges. The weather the cruisers experienced last cruise may not reflect in any way what weather you will experience.

Similarly, if someone got upgraded on the last cruise, has no bearing on whether you will.

:) We did this cruise and the weather was beautiful for the most part, We only had one bad morning of heavy rain in Montenegro but it stopped about noon and just stayed cloudy the rest of the day. It was relatively warm everywhere. The real beauty of the cruise was that in almost every port we were the only ship and there were no crowds anywhere except for maybe on the Rambles in Barcelona. We were the first ship of the season at almost every port. Even in Santorini, no waiting for a donkey or lift. We actually did get a nice upgrade about 3 days before we left, I noticed that our room # changed and we went from cat E OV to an AA balcony 2 rooms away up forward on deck 9 where they have very deep balconies. Only problem was lots of noise from showroom some afternoons and evenings when performers practiced or performed. Also a couple nights the crew had late night parties. But we stay up late anyway, so no problem

Saw that you joined the roll call!

Did this cruise in the past and loved it so am going again.

Attached is a chart of average temps that may help as I always have the same question. In the past, had wonderful weather but every day is different.

This is a unique cruise in that the Grand voyages are different / better than regular cruises so prepare to be spoiled. There is more crew so the fabulous service is even better, the food tends to be a bit better, entertainment is a bit more improved, there are gifts now and again, with lots of free things like shuttles at ports, cocktail parties, etc. The port lecturer should be a great resource and the other lecturers are usually very good to decent.

Upgrades are always a possibility and from what I see, there are a lot of open cabins so maybe. I almost always refuse the upsells but have gotten a free upgrade on the P'dam in the past from a veranda to a small suite.

Gr Med 2017 Itinerary and Temps.xls

Saw that you joined the roll call!

Did this cruise in the past and loved it so am going again.

Attached is a chart of average temps that may help as I always have the same question. In the past, had wonderful weather but every day is different.

This is a unique cruise in that the Grand voyages are different / better than regular cruises so prepare to be spoiled. There is more crew so the fabulous service is even better, the food tends to be a bit better, entertainment is a bit more improved, there are gifts now and again, with lots of free things like shuttles at ports, cocktail parties, etc. The port lecturer should be a great resource and the other lecturers are usually very good to decent.

Upgrades are always a possibility and from what I see, there are a lot of open cabins so maybe. I almost always refuse the upsells but have gotten a free upgrade on the P'dam in the past from a veranda to a small suite.

Thank you for the temps. You will notice on the roll call that I listed the average temps for our cruise.

I have noticed that there are still many empty cabins but we still have nearly seven months to we set sail.

The weather was good. Didn't need a jacket most days. We were always the day after rain, or the day before, except for Kotor. Nice to walk around, no big crowds except for Ephesus.

The itinerary was port intensive, one stretch was eight days in a row. 2017 stays out of the Aegean Sea and goes to Africa.

Nice ship layout. Crummy elevators. Wonderful staff, good food, Captain Tim kept us safe and out of the big swells. Ship was a little dog eared, went into drydock the day after we disembarked.

I think the Prinsendam has an older demographic maybe due to how close everything is. Nice people.

We took an upsell, no upgrade offer.