D734/D735 vs C752

twentyknots

We have our choice for a sailing on the Grand in 2018 and can’t decide between a premium aft cabin on the Dolphin deck D734 or D735 and one on the Caribe deck C752. Member reviews generally rate them all highly. Since we have a choice is there any more or less obstruction and balcony size to consider with these choices? The deck plan makes C752’s veranda appear as much smaller and curved, but that doesn’t seem to be confirmed by reviews. I see comments that the Caribe deck has larger balconies but that may not apply to the aft balconies.

Also, some recent reviews of the Grand have not been favorable due to lots of minor problems. I believe I saw somewhere that she will be in dry dock in January 2017. Is that when they fix some of these issues?

Edited by twentyknots

My personal preference is Caribe and I'll take either corner (C752 or C753). There is a vent between the two cabins on Dolphin deck and this could be noisy. Also, the two cabins on Dolphin have a beam on one side (next to the vent area). The caribe cabins have a rounded railing which gives you a much better view.

I did a search on you tube for Grand Princess D734 and found a great video but for some reason I can't copy the link. You can also find C752. It looks like dolphin deck is a little deeper but I still prefer the corner.

As justducky21 posted, I would go with C752. We have not been in any of those cabins but have been in other aft cabins. We were in a Vista suite on Dolphin deck and although the balcony of a full suite is twice as large as C752, being on the side will give you views to the side as well as aft. D734 and D735 do have have significantly larger balconies, but C752 should be large enough

Stayed in D734 once. The room was like any other. The Balcony is why people book it. 100% cover. Slight sewer smell that began in hallway at aft elevators and got worst as you went aft. More of a nuisance smell than anything. It has a large balcony for many to enjoy. That is its appeal.

Here is a walk through video.

[YOUTUBE]KGDy0HVYhC8[/YOUTUBE]

Here is us enjoying my folks 50th wedding anniversary out on the deck.

web-1706.jpg

web-1708.jpg

What a timely thread! We are headed to Alaska on the Grand in July. Our TA originally booked us in D735 which we were quite pleased with! Then, when Princess lowered the fares she not only got us the reduced price but also switched us to C752 which had recently become available. She did it without asking us. At first I was unsure about the change, but since then I've come to appreciate what a great cabin it is based upon all the positive comments I've read!