Vibration concern, Cabin 867, Navigator

I am new to this website (and cruising0 so hopefully I'm doing this right. Currently booked on the Venice - Barcelona cruise in May of 2016 on Regent SS Navigator. I am getting concerned about the vibration issues with the ship. Does anyone have experience with cabin 867? I am running out of time to change location as the ship is almost already entirely booked. Thanks in advance for any advice as this will be my first cruise ever!:o

Welcome to Regent. I've never sailed in 867 but I have sat one deck beneath it in the theater balcony. There was a lot of vibration and the ceiling of the theater was very noisy because of the vibration. Because of their location, I would never book a Category F suite.

I checked your cruise and I recommend going up one category to E. My first choice of available suites would be 625, followed by 627, 619 and 617. They're in a great location. I've sailed in 617 and 625 and liked both of them very much.

Hope this helps.

Hi MVSAL,

I agree with Dave. Though I haven't cruised in an aft suite on Navigator, I would recommend deck 6 forward. I've spent 71 nights in 611 with no vibration issue. Hope you enjoy the ship and your cruise. Her small size makes her intimate and easy to get around.

I have been back as far as 855. This is 5 cabins forward of your location. I would worry to much about vibration. It never bothered me. The vibration issue was much worst years ago, but the ship was "fixed" about 3-4 years back.

However, I would not want your cabin because it is directly over the theater. You will hear the music from below and to me this can be problematic. I would book forward of the aft elevators. (Don't take 855 because of noisy ventilator. 856 would be ok)

j

I've been on Navigator twice, both times in cabins that were forward. No problem whatsoever. However, while on the theater and dining venues forward, we experienced the dreaded vibration. For me, not a problem if I'm awake, but, if trying to go to sleep, that's a whole different matter.

Do yourself a favor, switch to a forward cabin so you dont have to second guess your choice.

My wife and I have been on the Navigator 5 times. The first time was in 2010 and was our first Regent cruise. We booked an aft suite on Deck 7 (not being aware of the vibration issue). The vibration was definitely there, although I would categorize it as "annoying" rather than being truly disruptive. Obviously it couldn't have been too bad as we have only sailed on Regent since then. That being said, we always book a foreward cabin on the Navigator now :-).

Having logged a few nights sitting at the Stars bar (aft on deck 6) it seems vibration is sometimes worse than others. The bottles on shelves behind the bar really rattle at times. I would avoid aft suites if possible. If you are susceptible to "motion in the ocean", I would definitely stay on lower decks. Was on deck 10 forward for Alaska and could really feel movement of ship. Just booked 2017 world cruise and am in 712 as deck 6 was already booked on first day.