Regent Shuttle/Port Transportation Question

Regent "virgins" here ;) ... sailing the Voyager Northern Enchantment Copenhagen to Amsterdam September 20.

For anyone who has departed Copenhagen with the Regent Pre-Cruise stay, what time is the transportation from the hotel to the ship? I am looking to book a Segway Tour first thing on the morning of departure but don't want to interfere with the provided transfer. The tour is 9 am to 11 am and about a 20 minute walk from the hotel. I was in Copenhagen last year but due to time constraints (and due to the schlep from city center to Oceankaj where NCL docked) we had little time prior to embarkation. Thankfully Regent docks closer to the city center.

Also, does Regent provide any type of shuttle service at the ports of call from port to city center? In Stockholm, we are booking our own Rooftop tour ... I'm trying to figure out time and logistics.

Many thanks,

Sharon

We boarded the Voyager in Copenhagen yesterday - previously when we were in Copenhagen with Regent we were always berthed in the port near to the "The Little Mermaid" and one could easily leave the ship and be on their own. Yesterday we boarded in a different port whose name temporarily escapes me, it was an approximately 20 minute taxi ride with very little traffic - it is way out no where, one needs transportation to get out of the port.

We provided our own transportation, however, we arrived at the terminal at 12:15pm and the busses from the hotel had already arrived which surprised us since they usually arrive later. The taxi ride was 240 Kroner.

BTW - we saw quite a few Segway tours while wondering around the city and they looked like fun - you may want to check out various companies because when I was out walking at about 8:00am I saw a tour taking place.

gnomie :)

Thank you for the reply, gnomie1.

The Voyager yesterday was at Oceankaj, the newest and most removed pier from the city center. My daughter and I boarded the NCL Star last year at Oceankaj and it was indeed remote. Our taxi from the airport Hilton to the pier was quite expensive.

I checked the port of Copenhagen official page, and it lists the Voyager at Langeline Pier for our Sept. 20 departure (the dock near the Little Mermaid statue.) According to the list, the Voyager will dock at Langeline on July 26th, NOT Oceankaj, so that is good news for your debarkation.

Segways are a kick! The tour company I looked at in CPH has a 9 am listed as the earliest option on Sept. 20 ... perhaps so late in the season they don't start until then. I will check to see if there's another provider.

Hope you enjoy your cruise!

Personally, if the ship is going to be docked at Langaline, I would just do the segway tour you already have booked, then take a taxi to the ship. I do not normally do ship transfers unless there is no option (ie, the ship is docked somewhere very remote). I like to board at my leisure, but that is just me. And yes, I understand the transfer is included.

As far as shuttles to city centers, it depends on where you are, but usually there is a shuttle service. The problem is knowing where the shuttle stop is going to be. We have been in Stockholm twice, but it has always been at the end of the cruise when we were disembarking, so not a shuttle involved. The other problem with Stockholm is that there are multiple different places where the ship can dock, and they can change from what is printed in your information. We had this issue when we were there last time.

It's been a few years so my recollection is a bit foggy, but we did the Segway tour from Langelinie, and the ship was docked just down the way. The tour operator had agreed to provide secure storage for our bags, but we were able to drop our bags at the ship's staging area in plenty of time to walk to the Segway office. We did the tour (which was a blast) and made it back to the ship in plenty of time...

RachelG:

I appreciate your input. I don't really care about using the Regent's transfer to the ship (even if it's included) ... the Segway tour is our priority. We get in to CPH the afternoon prior, but after a long night/day of travel, I'm not sure we'll be up for much that evening. I have visited CPH several times but DH has never been, so I wanted him to get an overview and a Segway seems like a fun way to do so.

As far as Stockholm, again I'll just book the Rooftop Tour and ensure enough time before and after to taxi or shuttle back & forth from the pier.

UUNetBill:

I'm glad to read you enjoyed the Segway Copenhagen tour. Since this itinerary isn't round trip, we have less than one full day to do anything.

Thank you for chiming in!