Rome to Civitavecchia with Luggage and Disabilities?

Sunny AZ Girl

We will be staying 4-5 days pre-cruise in Rome prior to our cruise in October 2017. I know it is early, but we are just beginning to think out our plans for this trip. We will be a party of 6 with luggage and one member of our group has disabilities that would make a lot of walking, especially with luggage, difficult at best. I have heard that currently there is a lot of walking from the train to the port bus if we were to take the train. My question is would we be better off to take a private car service? If so, which one? I have read that Rome in Limo is excellent, but pricey. Also, can the private car services drop us closer to the ship than if we were to take the train with less luggage schlepping?

We will not be needing service post cruise as we plan to rent a car in Civitavecchia and continue on from there to Tuscany.

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

Given your situation you most definitely should book a private transfer (or have your hotel concierge get you a large taxi). Based on our personal experience we always recommend Rome Cabs (romecabs.com) who will do the transfer for about 170€. With tip that works out to around 30€ per person. They will pick you up at your hotel in a nice van and take your party and luggage right to the cruise ship pier (they are permitted to drive inside the port). With this service you will not have to worry about walking, your luggage, etc.

Hank

We have used RomeCabs for airport and cruise port transfers. They are very dependable.

They will pick you up at your hotel in Rome and drop you off at the cruise terminal in Civitavecchia right next to your ship. I suggest you also use them for transfer from the airport to your hotel in Rome if needed.

Although we have not used RomeInLimo, they are comparable.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

Given your situation you most definitely should book a private transfer (or have your hotel concierge get you a large taxi). Based on our personal experience we always recommend Rome Cabs (romecabs.com) who will do the transfer for about 170€. With tip that works out to around 30€ per person. They will pick you up at your hotel in a nice van and take your party and luggage right to the cruise ship pier (they are permitted to drive inside the port). With this service you will not have to worry about walking, your luggage, etc.

Hank

We have used RomeCabs for airport and cruise port transfers. They are very dependable.

They will pick you up at your hotel in Rome and drop you off at the cruise terminal in Civitavecchia right next to your ship. I suggest you also use them for transfer from the airport to your hotel in Rome if needed.

Although we have not used RomeInLimo, they are comparable.

Thank you both. I will bookmark Rome Cabs and check or a quote a little closer to our dates.:)

Thank you both. I will bookmark Rome Cabs and check or a quote a little closer to our dates.:)

Checking for quotes is very simple as you just go to their web site (romecabs.com) , fill in the online form (no need to give your name or make a reservation at this point) and it will give you the price. No secret prices with this outfit :).

Hank

I will bookmark Rome Cabs and check or a quote a little closer to our dates.:)

I strongly suggest you book as soon as you know your itinerary. Don't allow yourself to be disappointed by learning they are completely booked for the dates you need transfers. It happens.

I strongly suggest you book as soon as you know your itinerary. Don't allow yourself to be disappointed by learning they are completely booked for the dates you need transfers. It happens.

Yes. I usually book things quite early. We will check that out soon after we get our flights and know where we going to stay. Our flights will be available early November and we hope to get our accommodations arranged soon after that.