Change promo choice?

NYCruiser84

If you're already booked (fully paid). Could you still change your promo choice option? My mother picked the shore excursion credit as the choice..but I feel the best deal is the UBP (we have different rooms..so she could still keep hers if need be)

**If this has been asked a million times I apologize. Still fairly new here and couldn't find an answer when I tried to search

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UBP is a great deal, depending on your drinking habits and will cost her money today, at least $100pp under the perk. So if she'll drink that amount or more on the plan is a good deal for her cabin. The Shore Ex doesn't cost anything, but provides a discount if you book excursions with NCL.

We wouldn't drink that amount so a poor choice for us, ShorEx is perfect.

Making the change depends on whether you're past your final payment date (not just the fact that you've paid in full already). If past your date you could be charged the cancel/rebook penalties. If she really wants it, have her call NCL and see what they allow.

I changed our promo about a month before our cruise no problem. I changed our kids room from the excursion credit to the soda package. I just had to pay the gratuity...no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

UBP is a great deal, depending on your drinking habits and will cost her money today, at least $100pp under the perk. So if she'll drink that amount or more on the plan is a good deal for her cabin. The Shore Ex doesn't cost anything, but provides a discount if you book excursions with NCL.

We wouldn't drink that amount so a poor choice for us, ShorEx is perfect.

Making the change depends on whether you're past your final payment date (not just the fact that you've paid in full already). If past your date you could be charged the cancel/rebook penalties. If she really wants it, have her call NCL and see what they allow.

I'm not a crazy drinker.. But I do like to enjoy myself. And I think being it's an 8 day cruise with a few sea days that there would be more value for my sister an I to have the UBP over the shorex.

I changed our promo about a month before our cruise no problem. I changed our kids room from the excursion credit to the soda package. I just had to pay the gratuity...no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Appreciate the info ! We're a little over a month out right now

Lots of people have reported being able to change their choice of perk, even after final payment. NCL recently added these statements to the terms of the promotion:

Free at Sea choice(s) must be selected at least 48 hours prior to sailing and cannot be changed on board. Bookings made within 48 hours to departure can choose promotion at time of booking.
As usual with NCL, this is very poorly written, but I think they are trying to say that you can change your perk up to 48 hours before sailing. After that, you have to make your choice and stick with it.

I believe this is incorrect. This would generally be the case to change cabins but I believe you can change perks without having to rebook...

I believe this is incorrect. This would generally be the case to change cabins but I believe you can change perks without having to rebook...

That is correct, you can change promos at any time including after final payment. If you are past final payment & there are tips involved you must pay in full at time of change otherwise the tips just get added to your bill to be paid later.

In my experience you can change the promo, but you have to pay the difference between your cruise fare and today's fare (or whatever day you change it). Plus any fees that go with that perk obviously.