Do best places,beaches etc.list ever get you to book a trip,my beach is number one.

dolittle

My home beach Wildwood Crest N.J. has been voted no.1 beech town in the U.S. this summer(trip advisor). Do these kind of lists ever tempt you to go somewhere I must say it does not affect me much ,although I have learned some new places. I have been going to W.W.C. beach all my life and it was always one of the best on the east coast and it is better than many beeches in Fla. (not all) . What do you think of these lists are they helpful or hype.

I think like any list or review, a lot of it is very subjective. Take WWC for example, I too spent most of my youth at the Jersey Shore and would argue that there are two or three other locations that I, at least, would rank higher than WWC. I could name a couple of FL ones also, having spent time there as well. (And I do like WWC - not knocking it). :)

So I guess my answer to your question would be that while I guess some lists can provide some useful information, there is also fair amount of hype included with these types of lists.

BTW, its a good thing WWC was only being considered in comparison with US beaches or beach towns as it doesn't hold a candle to most Caribbean Island beaches!