Voyager Penthouse C Category Cabin

Billybob62

We haven't been on the Voyager in heavy seas but have been in an aft suite in "normal" seas. Yes - there is a vibration - it bothers some people but others have no problem with it whatsoever. The amount of vibration seems to do with the speed of the ship as well as the seas. The Voyager was our favorite ship for over 10 years (only to be exceeded by new Explorer). Hope you have a great sailing!

Our one Voyager cruise was in an aft PH C, 878, and I didn't have any problem with the vibration. We heard some ceiling tiles tinking and could definitely feel the rumble, but it didn't bother us much at all. Of course, sensitivity to the vibrations is a very personal thing. Some don't mind, others can't stand it. I'm in the 'don't mind' group.

We sailed on Voyager from Dover to Monte Carlo in 2010 in suite 1055. We loved the large wrap-around corner balcony (which doesn't show on the deck plans). However there was definitely a vibration problem, as well an issue with swaying in heavy seas. We had a stack of thin cardboard which we would jam into wall joints and between ceiling tiles in order to lessen the vibration.

The next year we sailed on Voyager around the British Isles. This time we booked suite 824. We found that we had the very same issue with vibration and once again out came the cardboard shims.

We loved our 2 cruises on Voyager and would definitely sail on her again, even with the vibration issue.

• 1 month later...

We sailed on Voyager through Baltic countries back in 2014 I think. Had a penthouse suite at stern of ship....wonderful balcony but no privacy from areas above us on the stern. However since I am a middle age American woman (read "uptight") I had no intentions of spontaneous sex or nude sunbathing. And we did not have the vibration :)

We did leave the aft draperies open when we went to bed...never gets entirely dark and there was a pinkish cast to the water.

Loved the ship.....you do get what you pay for!!! Tomi Rawls

Sent from my iPhone using Forums