Philip Stein watches

papacito

My only advice about Phillip Stein is that you should browse the internet for prices and selection before you spend your money onboard. The watches are heavily discounted on multiple websites (i.e. Overstock, ebay, etc). In many cases you can find what you want for less money....and have some recourse if there is later a problem.

Hank

My only advice about Phillip Stein is that you should browse the internet for prices and selection before you spend your money onboard. The watches are heavily discounted on multiple websites (i.e. Overstock, ebay, etc). In many cases you can find what you want for less money....and have some recourse if there is later a problem.

Hank

I have a ton of OBC LOL so i might buy a stein,citizen or invicta

Edited by papacito

I have a ton of OBC LOL so i might buy a stein,citizen or invicta

I bought a Citizen ecodrive and Phillip stein on different cruises, I love the PS, but the best deal was for the Citizen. Blue Angel edition for half price :D

I bought a Citizen ecodrive and Phillip stein on different cruises, I love the PS, but the best deal was for the Citizen. Blue Angel edition for half price :D

Ditto!! If you know what you want. Buy it on the first or second day of the cruise and you can get a 10% discount. If you are elite you receive another 10% off.

Tony

Hank

If you do decide to buy online just be careful. First there are a lot of fakes out there and if the dealer you are buying from is not a Phillip Stein authorized dealer the warranty is null and void.

Take care,

Vinnie

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't understand why you have to declare at customs.Not purchased in a foreign country. Please explain.

Thanks

When you buy expensive items on the ship duty free it doesn't mean there is not duty due, just that no duty had be paid an therefore would not be reflected in the ships price. Customs will already know the value of the piece purchased and if its not declared you will pay duty and maybe a penalty.

The declaration form that is filled out states to list all items that were purchased then depending on where the item was purchased, ports visited, etc. exemptions and allowances are applied to determine the duty amount owed if any.

The rules are applied to all purchases not just what was bought in a foreign country.

Take care,

Vinnie

Edited by CruzVinnieCruz

Thanks for explanation CruzVinnieCruz regarding Duty.

SharkieRool- I know it is a foreign flagged ship but my billing on Princess comes from U.S. (Santa Clarita)not Bermuda.

Does Princess report their sales on board to U.S. customs with our names etc. For me wouldn't be a problem because we never buy real expensive items on board the ship. However, last cruise I did buy about $300.00 worth of merchandise.Of course that didn't exceed the allowance.

When you buy expensive items on the ship duty free it doesn't mean there is not duty due, just that no duty had be paid an therefore would not be reflected in the ships price. Customs will already know the value of the piece purchased and if its not declared you will pay duty and maybe a penalty.

The declaration form that is filled out states to list all items that were purchased then depending on where the item was purchased, ports visited, etc. exemptions and allowances are applied to determine the duty amount owed if any.

The rules are applied to all purchases not just what was bought in a foreign country.

Take care,

Vinnie

I agree. That is why all cruise passengers disembarking in US ports are required to fill-out and submit the Customs Declaration form. Exemption limits for US residents and visitors are at the back of the form.

Thanks for explanation CruzVinnieCruz regarding Duty.

SharkieRool- I know it is a foreign flagged ship but my billing on Princess comes from U.S. (Santa Clarita)not Bermuda.

Does Princess report their sales on board to U.S. customs with our names etc. For me wouldn't be a problem because we never buy real expensive items on board the ship. However, last cruise I did buy about $300.00 worth of merchandise.Of course that didn't exceed the allowance.

Most cruise lines do not report every purchase only the larger purchases. I do not know what that threshold is though and it may vary.

Take care,

Vinnie

Sent from my iPhone using Forums