Best guide books for St Petersburgh, Copenhagan, Stolkholm.....

If you will be on a cruise ship and it is your first visit to these amazing ports of call, I recommend Rick Steves Northern European Cruise Ports. The only port that it does not cover is Lithuania. I find it a good resource for first timers.

You can have a look at the introduction & table of contents here:

https://www.amazon.com/Steves-Northern-European-Cruise-Ports/dp/1631210599/ref=dp_ob_title_bk

A third vote for Rick Steves Northern Europe Cruise Ports. I read some other guidebooks in addition to Rick Steves prior to our Baltic Cruise but the Rick Steve's book was the best, hands down.

We are doing the Baltic in about six weeks. I have found the Rick Steves "Snapshot" series helpful and small. I have purchased: St. Petersburg, Helsinki, and Tallinn; Stockholm; and Norway editions. I also like Lonely Planet as well so have: Norway; Stockholm; and St. Petersburg editions from them too. We are staying in Bergen, Norway before our cruise and they have a nice free booklet, by request.

Thanks all. Does anyone know when we might expect an update on Rick Steves? My prospective cruise is July 2018. (learned a lesson in "snooze, you loose". Put a used copy in my cart last night, about $14 w/ s/h, and when I went to check out this am it went up to $18. OK, who bought my book?).

Another vote for Rick steves Northern European cruise ports - it has been invaluable in planning our Baltic cruise in June this year. It's advantage is that it is written specifically with cruise visitors in mind.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Another vote for Rick steves Northern European cruise ports - it has been invaluable in planning our Baltic cruise in June this year. It's advantage is that it is written specifically with cruise visitors in mind.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Another vote. Awesome book.

Thanks all. Does anyone know when we might expect

an update on Rick Steves? My prospective cruise is July 2018. (learned a lesson in "snooze,

you loose". Put a used copy in my cart last night, about $14 w/ s/h, and when I went to check

out this am it went up to $18. OK, who bought my book?).

The next version of his Stockholm book will arrive in October 2018 and it says 2018 for his new Scandinavia book.

A friendly reminder is to double check some of the facts in the guide books due to that some things might

have changed. Things like public transport routes/numbers, hotels and etc.

However it seems that Rick have posted updates in his website (under each country) so it is a good idea to have a look there as well.

https://www.ricksteves.com/europe/guidebook-updates-north-cruise