Buying Canapes

janieb1962

Dear cruisers,

I'd like to buy some canapes for our cabin on one or two of the formal nights.

Does anyone know if you can buy these once on board or is it only possible via cruise personaliser.

Would be nice if I could buy on board thereby using up some of my OBC :D

just got back from a two week caribbean cruise on the azura and we had canapes twice as we had a superior balcony cabin.

to be honest i wouldnt waste your money most of ours ended up in the bin

Tend to agree.When we were in a suite a couple of years ago we were given them every night and apart from the chocolate dipped strawberries the others didn't even have the cling film taken off when they were taken away.

We will be in a superior deluxe balcony this Saturday on Britainnia and I don't expect we will be eating ours.

I would personally save room for something nicer to eat in the dining room.

Dear cruisers,

Does anyone know if you can buy these once on board or is it only possible via cruise personaliser.

Yes you can Janie. The platters you buy are very good. Choice of two one is £11 and the other £12. There are 16 to 20 per plate and totally different to the ones delivered free to the suites. I take it you will be having a party? We always do. Sometimes two. :) :) :)

Yes you can Janie. The platters you buy are very good. Choice of two one is £11 and the other £12. There are 16 to 20 per plate and totally different to the ones delivered free to the suites. I take it you will be having a party? We always do. Sometimes two. :) :) :)

Thanks DaiB, just to check , can I buy them once on board .

Thanks DaiB, just to check , can I buy them once on board .

Yes you can. I think they are on the room service menu but I think they need to know the day before.

Hmmm..now I've got the hump.....didn't get a party invite in July :D:D

Dear cruisers,

The strawberries dipped in chocolate are usually on the first formal night. You can order them with notice, I think they are about £5 but you don't get many. Will be looking out for the platter Dai describes next time as that sounds fab.

The strawberries dipped in chocolate are usually on the first formal night. You can order them with notice, I think they are about £5 but you don't get many. Will be looking out for the platter Dai describes next time as that sounds fab.

These are the ones I was talking about

Canapés

Celebrate in your cabin with a range of canapés:

Deluxe Canapé Selection – £12.00

Smoked salmon roses

Rillette of ham and pork on a garlic crouton

Prawn and crab tartlet with piquant dip

Blue cheese and fresh fig brioche croûtes (v)

Gourmet Canapé Selection – £11.00

Tiger prawns with cream cheese in cucumber cups

Beef and asparagus rolls with horseradish

Barquettes of chicken and mango with honey crème fraîche

Avocado, tomato and chilli salsa (v)

All very nice.

(v) denotes vegetarian.

Canapés are ordered by the platter and each platter contains a selection of approximately 16 canapés

Glad they are better when bought.It sounds like a good selection.

Also good to see others put the complimentary ones in the bin... we thought it was us being picky. Awful weren't they!

Not all, the smoked salmon on rye bread is excellent.

I must admit the complimentary canapes served to suites and mini suites are nowhere near as good as the ones on Fred Olsen. I don't eat cheese and have found a lot of cheese - particularly piped cream cheese is used. On our two trips on FO in a suite the canapes were fantastic - much more like the ones you can purchase on P&O.

Dai, I eat the smoked salmon and leave the rye bread - too heavy for me. There are some good beef ones and the occasional prawn one but, as I say, lots of cheese!

I must admit the complimentary canapes served to suites and mini suites are nowhere near as good as the ones on Fred Olsen. I don't eat cheese and have found a lot of cheese - particularly piped cream cheese is used. On our two trips on FO in a suite the canapes were fantastic - much more like the ones you can purchase on P&O.

Dai, I eat the smoked salmon and leave the rye bread - too heavy for me. There are some good beef ones and the occasional prawn one but, as I say, lots of cheese!

You get the caviar and onion which like. Not sure if it is real stuff but it is nice.