How likely is the Dawn to miss Aruba?

edawn

We're going on the Dawn repo cruise at the end of October. I'm interested in an excursion that requires a deposit that is non-refundable. So I'm wondering how often shops skip Aruba. Any info is greatly appreciated.

We're going on the Dawn repo cruise at the end of October. I'm interested in an excursion that requires a deposit that is non-refundable. So I'm wondering how often shops skip Aruba. Any info is greatly appreciated.

My experience has been that we have never skipped Aruba, but there is ALWAYS the possibility that it could. The advantage Aruba has is its very far south and most hurricanes track further north.

I'm very surprised that a company would not refund your deposit in the event that the ship doesn't stop there. I can understand if you just change your mind but the ship missing that port is out of your control.

[quote=ImADaneFan;47589886

I'm very surprised that a company would not refund your deposit in the event that the ship doesn't stop there. I can understand if you just change your mind but the ship missing that port is out of your control.

I'm surprised as well. They get good reviews on trip advisor. I'll just have to decide if it's worth the small risk or find another company. Thank you for the reply!

I'm surprised as well. They get good reviews on trip advisor. I'll just have to decide if it's worth the small risk or find another company. Thank you for the reply!

Maybe you can negotiate with them that it's refundable only if the ship doesn't make port.

Or verify with your travel insurance company if the itinerary is changed and you don't stop in Aruba they would reimburse you.

Edited by ImADaneFan

I have the pre-paid tour amounts built into my travel insurance package. Once we had an accident on an island in the Caribbean and the insurance covered the tour we missed.

I think it's stinky that they won't refund if the itinerary is changed - definitely beyond your control - but in the many times we have been to Aruba, there was never a question. Go - have fun! :D

It is unlikely that weather would make you miss Aruba, since it way outside of the hurricane belt. The other point is that in order to comply with the PSVA, the ship must stop at a distant foreign port. That meant the ABC islands or South America, so Aruba is pretty much a must stop, unless something VERY

unusual happens.

We are on this cruise also. What is the our?

The other point is that in order to comply with the PSVA, the ship must stop at a distant foreign port. That meant the ABC islands or South America, so Aruba is pretty much a must stop, unless something VERY

unusual happens.

NCL repos usually call both Aruba and Curaçao, so missing either one would still leave another to fulfill the requirements.

We are on this cruise also. What is the our?

Horseback riding with Rancho Notorious. They have a cruise passenger special for $65. It's only about 1.5 hrs of riding but since I've never been on a horse, I figure that 's plenty of time. The deposit is 50%. Are you on the roll call?

Horseback riding with Rancho Notorious. They have a cruise passenger special for $65. It's only about 1.5 hrs of riding but since I've never been on a horse, I figure that 's plenty of time. The deposit is 50%. Are you on the roll call?[/

We are not on the roll call. We have done this in the past and decided not to participate this trip. We will be going to depalm island in Aruba through ncl.