Glory vs. Magic

Luvnlyfagain

I've never sailed with Carnival before and am looking for some input please. Looking to sail February, 2017. It will be my hubby, son (then 13) and myself. Also, a friend and her 18 year old daughter. Magic and Glory seem to do similar itineraries. Glory has 2.0 and I'm unsure what the Magic will have until after the refurbishment this spring. Which is the better option, Glory or Magic? Thanks!

I've never sailed with Carnival before and am looking for some input please. Looking to sail February, 2017. It will be my hubby, son (then 13) and myself. Also, a friend and her 18 year old daughter. Magic and Glory seem to do similar itineraries. Glory has 2.0 and I'm unsure what the Magic will have until after the refurbishment this spring. Which is the better option, Glory or Magic? Thanks!

Magic, more stuff for the kids. Ropes course, better waterslides, and by that time Magic will have most if not all the 2.0 upgrades.

Magic!

It's a personal taste, we've cruised both. The Magic is newer, has more amenities as described.

The one thing we cannot stand about the Magic is the balconies above deck 5. Their is a promenade around the outside of the ship on this level. Balcony cabins above it look directly down to it and they look up at you. I really like the ability to stand on my balcony and see the hull of the ship as it slices through the water.

We've been on all the Conquest class ships and loved being on lido deck balconies up front. You can see and hear the waves from the bow.

Edited by BallFour4

By the time you sail Magic will have all the great 2.0 features that Glory has. Plus Magics deck activities are much better for kids.

There's actually several threads about what Magic will get.

I've seen some of the forums about the Magic getting the 2.0 upgrades but have never read OFFICIAL confirmation. I can't understand why Carnival's website doesn't confirm what the refurbishment will entail. :( So far all I've seen is it's getting Suess at Sea but nothing about Guys or Blue Iguana. I like the Magic's activities better but I like the Glory's dining options. Decisions, decisions!

It's a personal taste, we've cruised both. The Magic is newer, has more amenities as described.

The one thing we cannot stand about the Magic is the balconies above deck 5. Their is a promenade around the outside of the ship on this level. Balcony cabins above it look directly down to it and they look up at you. I really like the ability to stand on my balcony and see the hull of the ship as it slices through the water.

We've been on all the Conquest class ships and loved being on lido deck balconies up front. You can see and hear the waves from the bow.

I've never booked a balcony but am considering this time. I'll be sure not to book deck 6. Thanks for the heads up

If you go to Carnival website to EXPLORE ships and then click on Magic it has COMING SOON by what they are adding in dry dock. We are booked on it for Sept 2016 so I have been looking at this also.

Right and you can also go to site, click explore then food/eats and click on Guys. Then click on ships that have it. It has coming soon for magic and others. Same with Blue Iguana Cantina.

So info is out there, you just have to find it.

Right and you can also go to site, click explore then food/eats and click on Guys. Then click on ships that have it. It has coming soon for magic and others. Same with Blue Iguana Cantina.

So info is out there, you just have to find it.

I just wasn't looking in the right place. thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

Another vote for the Magic!

She is getting MOST of the 2.0 upgrades next month, however, she is NOT getting the Blue Iguana Cantina, which is somewhat disappointing. At least that is what JH said.

Hopefully he was wrong and she will get it. Amazing food.

Also, IMO, deck 5 is a non-issue, at least to us.

We always book a Lido balcony on Deck 10.

If you are sitting on your balcony, looking out, you just see water.

You have to be standing at your railing and looking down to see Deck 5.

We never heard any noise from there. Lido deck balconies are just SO convenient and SO quiet.

If you have the opportunity, I would try to book one.

Enjoy your cruise!!!!!:D:D

She is getting MOST of the 2.0 upgrades next month, however, she is NOT getting the Blue Iguana Cantina, which is somewhat disappointing. At least that is what JH said.

!:D:D

When did you hear that? Carnival still has it listed on their website that the Blue Iguana Cantina is coming soon to Magic.

Are you sure you're not mixing up with another ship. I know one is getting Guys and not the Cantina, maybe Victory?

When did you hear that? Carnival still has it listed on their website that the Blue Iguana Cantina is coming soon to Magic.

Are you sure you're not mixing up with another ship. I know one is getting Guys and not the Cantina, maybe Victory?

No, I am sure. It was either on JH's Facebook page, or one of the Magic dry dock threads. Again, I really hope I am wrong.

We've been on the Breeze twice, and they have the identical layout, so I am not sure why they wouldn't include that.

Hoping she definitely gets it.

I am so confused right now. LOL

I searched on the Forum and it looks like she IS getting the Cantina. Hmmmm. Not sure why I have it in my mind that she is not.

Sorry!!!!

Again, I hope she is!!! Best tacos at sea!!!:D:D

I am so confused right now. LOL

I searched on the Forum and it looks like she IS getting the Cantina. Hmmmm. Not sure why I have it in my mind that she is not.

Sorry!!!!

Again, I hope she is!!! Best tacos at sea!!!:D:D

I hope magic is getting it too. Love the lunch burritos and tacos, but the breakfasts are the best!!!

I do remember there being a discussion where JH talked about a ship getting Guys and not Cantina; so that may be the confusion. Hope so!!!!

I hope magic is getting it too. Love the lunch burritos and tacos, but the breakfasts are the best!!!

I do remember there being a discussion where JH talked about a ship getting Guys and not Cantina; so that may be the confusion. Hope so!!!!

I hope you are right because my hubby would much rather have Cantina than Guys if it is not getting both

Also, IMO, deck 5 is a non-issue, at least to us.

We always book a Lido balcony on Deck 10.

If you are sitting on your balcony, looking out, you just see water.

You have to be standing at your railing and looking down to see Deck 5.

We never heard any noise from there. Lido deck balconies are just SO convenient and SO quiet.

If you have the opportunity, I would try to book one.

Enjoy your cruise!!!!!:D:D

Hmmm, I also heard the Magic is getting Blue Iguana. I hope so!. I am looking so forward to trying it!:D

I've never booked a balcony but am considering this time. I'll be sure not to book deck 6. Thanks for the heads up

Deck 6 on the Magic is okay if you book in the aft area. We have the long balcony booked on deck 6 for this November and can't wait (love those larger balconies on the side). When we were on the Breeze in December we walked the deck 5 area and observed which rooms would be okay to book. The deck 5 area gets smaller near the aft area and therefore doesn't block your view out to the water as much. It also gets smaller near the front of the ship after a certain point also, so same scenario. Look at deck plans online and compare before making a cabin choice to make sure you will be happy with it. Good Luck on your choice!

Deck 6 on the Magic is okay if you book in the aft area. We have the long balcony booked on deck 6 for this November and can't wait (love those larger balconies on the side). When we were on the Breeze in December we walked the deck 5 area and observed which rooms would be okay to book. The deck 5 area gets smaller near the aft area and therefore doesn't block your view out to the water as much. It also gets smaller near the front of the ship after a certain point also, so same scenario. Look at deck plans online and compare before making a cabin choice to make sure you will be happy with it. Good Luck on your choice!

We're booked on deck 9 aft about 2 rooms aft of the back elevators. It looks like the lanai is more narrow from the deck plans, but should we get further back?