Aboard Musica Now...ask away!

Agocruisin

Would you take the alilaguna boat again? Or opt for a different way to get to the port?

Which port does Musica dock at?

I'M not sure there are many other options than Alilaguna. I am cheap so a water taxi for us was out of the question! Not sure which port, the ships were all docked together...

I think those who book in the US get vouchers for water.

Tea, coffee and water are all available 24/7 in the buffet. Juices @ breakfast time only.

Water in buffet. No, people,who book in the US do NOT get free water in the dining room. Must pay

We are on Musica at the end of September and have not found much info either so this thread will be very useful.

Now some questions:

What experience are you on? Fantastica. Came with the drink coupons.

Where is your cabin? 9125 midship port. Love it. Quiet.

Also what was the embarkation like? A bad sitcom. Total,of four times handing over passport for check, 6 times paperwork check. We're pretty patient people, but compared to a US embarkation, it was overkill (port security, bag check, check in, inside security, ship gangway, ship lobby)

You might be sorry you started this thread!!

Enjoy your cruise and keep us updated as long as it does not interfere with your enjoyment.

Happy to help!

Thanks for doing this! We have been on MSC i,n the Med , twice before on the Divinia and Fantastica,two beautiful ships. I'm concerned that the Musica is older and won't be as nice. How is the condition of the ship? A frustration with the Divinia and Fantasia was that after touring all day we are tired and hungry.After getting back on board after 4:30 we constantly found that the only option open was pizza! Day after day…..! Is there any place on the MUsica open for a snap after the buffet closes at 4:30? Silly stuff,but curious! How are the pools? How has your food been and the service?

Thank you again for answering these and others questions. We all agree that there is little info on the Musica and I think we all really appreciate you doing this while on vacation!! Have a wonderful time!!-Kade

I am in the US and when signing into my account' date=' I went to the Enhance your cruise section and then selected the dining and drinks. There was an option for mineral water in the dining room. It was free.[/quote']

We are in the US and are booked on the Seaview for next June. Under the "Enhance your cruise " section, the mineral water in the DR is listed as a $30 option! Is it possible that it depends on the ship you're booked on? Anyone know anything about this?

Would you take the alilaguna boat again? Or opt for a different way to get to the port?

Which port does Musica dock at?

We water taxi from airport to Hotel, expensive but unforgettable :') . We took Alilaguna from Hotel (F.Nova stop) to port -$10 pp beautiful view but took about 40 min . in May. Would do both ways no problem.

We are in the US and are booked on the Seaview for next June. Under the "Enhance your cruise " section, the mineral water in the DR is listed as a $30 option! Is it possible that it depends on the ship you're booked on? Anyone know anything about this?

Agocrusin, I just noticed that you're from Canada. Did you book in the US? I was under the impression that US bookings were given vouchers for water for cruises in the Med. If you have to pay, then that explains Beardie's situation. However, previous US posters have reported on this forum that they received vouchers for water on Med cruises because of complaints that tap water is not served in the MDRs. Maybe MSC has rescinded this policy? They've certainly be making (unannounced) cutbacks where drinks packages are concerned!

I wonder if what Bea referred to is just for US passengers. We got free water bottles in the buffet and MDR.

We had free water in May this year but for my next year cruise I don't see this option any more. I was wondering myself if they cancelled it . Only $30.00 option for 14 btls there. not bad as well .

Thanks for doing this! We have been on MSC i,n the Med , twice before on the Divinia and Fantastica,two beautiful ships. I'm concerned that the Musica is older and won't be as nice. How is the condition of the ship? A frustration with the Divinia and Fantasia was that after touring all day we are tired and hungry.After getting back on board after 4:30 we constantly found that the only option open was pizza! Day after day…..! Is there any place on the MUsica open for a snap after the buffet closes at 4:30? Silly stuff,but curious! How are the pools? How has your food been and the service?

Thank you again for answering these and others questions. We all agree that there is little info on the Musica and I think we all really appreciate you doing this while on vacation!! Have a wonderful time!!-Kade

I love Musica more than Divina and she is in great condition . I can not comment about food after 4:30 we never eat between lunch and dinner, but I am sure room service is there. Food was not too good on first night but better during cruise and service was fine as always in most bars . Tucan launch was slow during evening .

Being a newbie MSC cruiser, I cannot compare to their other ships but I find Musica in pretty good shape. Pools, carpets, rooms, public rooms are all in great shape in my opinion. Biggest pet,peeve so far is the lack of space in the buffet during breakfast.

As for food, today is the first day we ate lunch at the buffet coming in from Katakolo, and the buffet wasn't open at 4:45 with many options other then pizza, though only in one side.

Food is iffy, my experience with carnival had much more variety and better tasting food, though the service is excellent. Buffet is ok. Cappuccinos are delightful and bar staff amazing.

Agocrusin, I just noticed that you're from Canada. Did you book in the US? I was under the impression that US bookings were given vouchers for water for cruises in the Med. If you have to pay, then that explains Beardie's situation. However, previous US posters have reported on this forum that they received vouchers for water on Med cruises because of complaints that tap water is not served in the MDRs. Maybe MSC has rescinded this policy? They've certainly be making (unannounced) cutbacks where drinks packages are concerned!

Booked with an agent in the US. I asked around and no one had free water in the dining room. We paid the 20-something euros for water bottles and that's that!

Booked with an agent in the US. I asked around and no one had free water in the dining room. We paid the 20-something euros for water bottles and that's that!

Is it a matter of the country of citizenship rather than the agent or website used?

Hope you enjoyed your cruise.

Now that you are home, hopefully, is there anything to look out for on Musica?

Interesting things to do etc.

Also is there and possibility you could post some daily planners.

Thanks

Since you are just on day one maybe you can answer this later but I read something along the lines that you have to be back to the dock 2 hours before departure and it take 1-2 hours to get off the boat? Sounds like it would really limit your time in port. Let me know if you have this happen.

thanks!

Hope you enjoyed your cruise.

Now that you are home, hopefully, is there anything to look out for on Musica?

Interesting things to do etc.

Also is there and possibility you could post some daily planners.

Thanks

Hi, apologies we extended our vacation after the cruise! Look out for ....best thing were drinks and pizza! Sitting by the pool in the shade, walking around deck at night. Got a wonderful massage. Played bingo. Shows were ho-hum but entertaining.

Sorry we had our room steward trash all our daily planners in the last night...

Since you are just on day one maybe you can answer this later but I read something along the lines that you have to be back to the dock 2 hours before departure and it take 1-2 hours to get off the boat? Sounds like it would really limit your time in port. Let me know if you have this happen.

thanks!

Hello, no we did not have that problem at all. We were always off and on pretty swiftly. Back on board was always 30 minutes before sail away and we were usually about the last ones on. Even the santorini tender operation was great. No problem there!

Hi,

Do you have any comments on the size of the room? How many people were in the cabin with you?

I will be on the Musica next year and we are 4 in an ocean view ( I am concerned about size)

We were three in a balcony room. Room size was comparable to any other cruise line. Only issue was our daughter was not in a bunk bed but a pullout couch which took way too much space, and prevented us from going on the balcony when the bed was out, if I were you I'd make sure the 3rd and 4th occupants have bunk beds and not a Pullout couch.

According to the itinerary 9am.

While I'm not saying that it's not doable ................... that's tight!

Assuming the ship arrives on time and disembarkation begins very soon after, you need to be at the airport at least 2 hours before your flight. That's 10.15am. It's approx 20 minutes by taxi so you'd have to be off the ship, thru' the terminal after collecting your luggage and into a cab by 9.40am to allow for minimal traffic.

Your best bet is to request self-debark or priority disembarkation at the very least.