Reading List: 12 More Books to Inspire Wanderlust

BBMacLaird

Back by popular demand, 12 more books to inspire wanderlust!

This list has both new titles and some classics.

I'd love to hear your favorites, and any suggestions for other books?

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/blog/12-more-books-inspire-wanderlust

Indeed inspiring.. haven't read any of these though love Bill Bryson... Remember reading "The Lost Continent" on a train from London to York and laughing out loud .. not entirely sure what the other passengers made of this!!

Indeed inspiring.. haven't read any of these though love Bill Bryson... Remember reading "The Lost Continent" on a train from London to York and laughing out loud .. not entirely sure what the other passengers made of this!!

I'd never read anything by Bill Bryson but I just picked up a used copy of "The Road to Little Dribbling; Adventures of an American in Britain." I too find myself laughing out loud!

I suggest The Path Between the Seas by David McCullough before a Panama Canal cruise. :)

Others have suggested this book. I'll have to look for a copy.

Btw, did you happen to catch David McCullough being interviewed on the tv show Face the Nation this morning? He was excellent.

Others have suggested this book. I'll have to look for a copy.

Btw, did you happen to catch David McCullough being interviewed on the tv show Face the Nation this morning? He was excellent.

I missed that, but I have watched him on CSPAN. He is excellent:)

Tom

I'd never read anything by Bill Bryson but I just picked up a used copy of "The Road to Little Dribbling; Adventures of an American in Britain." I too find myself laughing out loud!

You should read. Notes from a small island. which is the forerunner and is even better

Back by popular demand, 12 more books to inspire wanderlust!

This list has both new titles and some classics.

I'd love to hear your favorites, and any suggestions for other books?

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/blog/12-more-books-inspire-wanderlust

The Island by Victoria Hislop is a fabulous book about Spinalonga an island just off the coast of Crete. Spinalonga was a leper colony up until the 1950 and is easily visited on a cruise port day.

Miss Garnet`s Angel by Sally Vickers a superb book set in Venice.

The Island by Victoria Hislop is a fabulous book about Spinalonga an island just off the coast of Crete. Spinalonga was a leper colony up until the 1950 and is easily visited on a cruise port day.

Miss Garnet`s Angel by Sally Vickers a superb book set in Venice.

I would always recommend Miss Garnet's Angel to anyone visiting Venice. Not least because the church ( Chiesa dell'Angelo Raffaele) is quite near the Azamara dock at S. Basilio. And, not forgetting, Sally Vickers also wrote Dancing Backwards set on a transatlantic cruise.

Edited by workingtocruise-59
typo

This book was recommended to us by many people on our recent ( & wonderful) San Diego to Miami cruise on the Quest.. so I'm hoping that it will be equally good to read after the cruise!

This is my review:

I read this book in Sept. 2012, prior to taking a cruise thru the Panama canal. It is an excellent book giving the history of the first proposed canal, during the California 1849 gold rush to the French start and failure and then to the US completion of the Canal.