Just returned from a fabulous Tahiti trip

texasstar

We just returned from a wonderful trip on the Wind Spirit. Even though the weather did not cooperate, (cloudy and rainy part of most days) it did not hamper the fun we had. This was our second Windstar cruise, and it lived up to our expectations. The staff was lovely, always smiling and going out of their way to cater to you. The food was exceptional, the couple entertaining in the lounge were very talented, and we enjoyed all of the passengers. We booked most of our excursions privately, but those that did go on the ships excursions were very happy with them. The private motu event on Tahaa was a highlight. They take you to the island; have all the water toys there for your use, beach chairs are available, and a lovely bar-b-que was served. The private motu event on Bora Bora was cancelled because it was raining very hard, but they moved it to the dining room.

The islands are beautiful, the water is clear and torquise, the tropical fish are plentiful.

Can't wait to book my next Windstar trip!

Texasstar, can you elaborate more about your excursions? What you did, who you booked with, etc? I'm also curious about what might be the best days to stay on board and enjoy what the ship has to offer. I'd love to hear more details.

Ps, also curious about two private motu events? I thought there was just the one in BB?

In Moorea, we booked and ATV trip with Albert's. It was so much fun. We drove up to Belvedere, on small winding roads, through streams. Our guide was fantastic. You can rent an ATV or SSV, which is just like driving a small jeep.

In Bora Bora, we booked a 3/4 day trip with Patricks. It was an outrigger trip which included swimming with black fin sharks, stingrays, snorkeling in 2 more locations, then swimming in beautiful shallow water, then finishing with a traditional picnic on a private island. Both trips were fantastic. You can book them online and don't have to pay until you arrive.

The ship offers 2 motu picnics, one on Taha'a (which they don't mention in their information and one on Bora Bora. We had so much fun on Tahaa. They take their water toys over, the bar, and prepare a wonderful BBQ. Our Bora Bora event was done on ship because of very heavy rain. I am sure it would be a delight on the motu also. Both are included.

As far as the best day to stay on board... I think Raiatea would probably be the best. You are docked at a pier, so you could go in to town if you wanted for a short time. There really is not much to do on the ship other than relaxing on the deck.