Help

hb1491

Yes, very very casual on most nights except formal night and even then not very formal. Things have changed a lot since the 80's as people just don't want to dress up anymore. I have been cruising since the 70's and it still amazes me how casual people get.

DH just wore Dockers and a button up shirt, no tie, on formal night two weeks ago on Jewel. I wore a skirt and nice blouse. We didn't go to the first formal night (had MTD) because we didn't bring formal wear and our waiter asked us why we weren't there the previous night. When we told him we didn't bring formal wear, he told us what we'd been wearing was just fine and to definitely not miss the second formal night - so we didn't - and were surprised when most of the people in the dining room were dressed exactly as DH was. Things they are a changing! :). The 7 cruises prior to this one we had stopped going to the dining room because we didn't want to dress up but decided this time to try MTD. We're so glad we did. We really enjoyed it and the food was definitely much better than the Windjammer.

DH just wore Dockers and a button up shirt, no tie, on formal night two weeks ago on Jewel. I wore a skirt and nice blouse. We didn't go to the first formal night (had MTD) because we didn't bring formal wear and our waiter asked us why we weren't there the previous night. When we told him we didn't bring formal wear, he told us what we'd been wearing was just fine and to definitely not miss the second formal night - so we didn't - and were surprised when most of the people in the dining room were dressed exactly as DH was. Things they are a changing! :). The 7 cruises prior to this one we had stopped going to the dining room because we didn't want to dress up but decided this time to try MTD. We're so glad we did. We really enjoyed it and the food was definitely much better than the Windjammer.

Thank you for the responses still I see in the guidelines under smart casual jacket and ties so a little confused.

being on Princess a lot there is either formal or casual no jackets needed.

well thanks again, looking at a 23 day cruise Sydney/Seattle on Explorer.