Weather on an April Transatlantic

getaway_goddess

Hi All!

We're taking our first TA leaving on April 8th out of Florida and ending in London, England. I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what sort of weather we can expect and how we should pack?

I know that once we get closer to Europe the weather will be mild - around 10 to 15 degrees C. How many days of "warm" weather can we expect once we leave Florida? Should I leave the dresses at home?

Thanks!

Hi All!We're taking our first TA leaving on April 8th out of Florida and ending in London, England. I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what sort of weather we can expect and how we should pack? I know that once we get closer to Europe the weather will be mild - around 10 to 15 degrees C. How many days of "warm" weather can we expect once we leave Florida? Should I leave the dresses at home?

Thanks!

I was wondering the same thing. :D

Every year is different but on our April 13th Miami-London (Southampton) TA it was fairly warm until Bermuda then just temperate - 15°C the rest of the way - EXCEPT we arrived in a relative heat wave and temp was 25°+ in Paris and London. But the first couple days out of Miami were tropical then we hit high winds at Bermuda and things got cooler. The route (use GoogleEarth to plot path) surprisingly parallels the US east coast so has the appearance of going more north than east. Great circle effect which GoogleEarth handles well.

Edited by Sequim88
add date

Did it last year, and it wasn't particularly warm, but considering that the Atlantic Ocean is still cold from winter, we expected it. From FLL to Southampton was fairly chilly and damp. So was England! No surprise there!!

We stayed on the ship and did the following itinerary, so our total cruise was 30 days. The British Isles,were chilly enough to need jackets, long sleeve tops, and long pants, and a waterproof windbreaker some days when it was drizzly. I only took along one pair of capri pants in case it was warm enough for them, and never wore them.

Despite the weather, we had a wonderful time!!

We have done April TAs three times, but to the Med, so more southerly route. Each time, I was surprised how much the wind made me feel cool when on the open decks, even though it was quite sunny. I wore spring clothes, but almost always with a layer or two of sweater or windbreaker.