Alaska 2017

katfer

We're only 2 days out -- start land tour on Saturday in Fairbanks and board the Coral Princess to Vancouver on 6/3. They're having a winter weather advisory/lots of snow in Denali right now, radar impressive.

I'm on the Explorer of the Seas right now. I'll try to write up a review this coming week sometime. It's been AMAZING! I don't have the same level of excitement for the Caribbean cruise I have coming up anymore. I don't feel like anything will compare to this.

I agree after coming home last week from Emerald Princess, I'm thinking of changing next year's Harmony to Alaska!! Amazing time!!! Best trip yet. Been on 6 Alaskan cruises, too!

I agree after coming home last week from Emerald Princess, I'm thinking of changing next year's Harmony to Alaska!! Amazing time!!! Best trip yet. Been on 6 Alaskan cruises, too!

We were on the Emerald in the Caribbean, loved that ship!

Hey all...under 80 days for us and I'm waiting for some great reviews......anyone been there yet?

Just got home to Scotland after Canada/USA trip which included first time ever cruise. HAL Nieuw Amsterdam Alaska inside passage cruise from Vancouver that departed May 6th. It was fabulous. 2f20fcff03a608fd8ce08df4e2bd7430.jpg5c25eb7db9665e0367cc9e47b2e6a939.jpge26fc0f7477700605a1b59afa0c38ac2.jpg2ccb7580dbf0b1892e5db24c8369e9d6.jpgbd0e604e4f1a8ccc2616e1fdaef577f7.jpg

countdown.pl?image=alaska&name=GrumpyNormanG&date=5-6-2017&text=&ship=Nieuw Amsterdam

Just got home to Scotland after Canada/USA trip which included first time ever cruise. HAL Nieuw Amsterdam Alaska inside passage cruise from Vancouver that departed May 6th. It was fabulous. 2f20fcff03a608fd8ce08df4e2bd7430.jpg5c25eb7db9665e0367cc9e47b2e6a939.jpge26fc0f7477700605a1b59afa0c38ac2.jpg2ccb7580dbf0b1892e5db24c8369e9d6.jpgbd0e604e4f1a8ccc2616e1fdaef577f7.jpg

countdown.pl?image=alaska&name=GrumpyNormanG&date=5-6-2017&text=&ship=Nieuw Amsterdam

Your pictures are awesome! Getting me so very excited for August! I have never been to Alaska and I cannot wait!

Awesome pictures thanks to all.

JoRoy218

Looking forward to hearing about your trip land and sea. We leave on the 10th of June for Fairbanks then onto the Island for the southbound cruise.

Wishing you a great trip and smooth sailing! :cool:

great pics Norman...not so grumpy now...glad you had a fabulous time...any tips on what not to miss?

If on HAL don't miss out on BB Kings and if you can do, do the Sel de Mer evening in Pinnacle, French food, wine and service to die for. Best day, get up early and enjoy every moment of light in Glacier Bay.

Hey Norman..when is it best to go to Scotland? It's on my bucket list for next year!

Any time is good for Scotland but if you want half decent weather from July to end of August for Highland Games, Edinburgh Festival and lots of other great events and less rough seas if cruising round coast. (Saying that just came home to sweltering weather up in high 20s Centigrade and yesterday hit 30c !! Lots of cruise liners now do Highlands and Islands of Scotland so worth looking at [emoji3]

We got back from an Alaskan cruise on the 20th! It was our first time in Alaska, and our first time cruising with Princess. We had a fabulous time. Great crew and ship (Coral). Alaska was so beautiful. The weather was great!! Let me know if you have any questions. :)

If on HAL don't miss out on BB Kings and if you can do, do the Sel de Mer evening in Pinnacle, French food, wine and service to die for. Best day, get up early and enjoy every moment of light in Glacier Bay.

loved BBKings!! Going to Alaska on NCL this time. Going to check out itinerary for Sotland!

SaveSave

We got back from an Alaskan cruise on the 20th! It was our first time in Alaska, and our first time cruising with Princess. We had a fabulous time. Great crew and ship (Coral). Alaska was so beautiful. The weather was great!! Let me know if you have any questions. :)

did you embark in Vancouver? I've have been noticing by Princess webcam that the Coral is late leaving Vancouver everytime? Can you tell me why?

did you embark in Vancouver? I've have been noticing by Princess webcam that the Coral is late leaving Vancouver everytime? Can you tell me why?

We did embark in Vancouver. That particular day, we were late leaving Vancouver because there were 4 ships at Canada Place, and the lines to get on the ship were very long.

We were supposed to sail away at 4:30, but we ended up leaving at 8:00.

There's a problem with one of the bow thrusters. They have been sending divers down to fix it.

We did embark in Vancouver. That particular day, we were late leaving Vancouver because there were 4 ships at Canada Place, and the lines to get on the ship were very long.

We were supposed to sail away at 4:30, but we ended up leaving at 8:00.

Thank you!! wow 4 ships that's a lot no wonder, our is a 3 ship day so maybe it will be a little bit better!

Do you remember what movies were playing on the Coral? (We love MUTS and are sailing on the Grand in 29 days)