NCL can not do upsell if booked with TA?

blueflower1968

I just spoke with the upsell department 1-800-625-4309.

That is the department that is responsible for upselling.

TY.

What did they say? what original cabin are you booked in? where are you looking to end up? how much was the offer? how many in cabin?

we are on her on 3/6 we may pass each other in line...ill try to give you a "high Five" when we pass in line...lol

Best,

-Mark

I am presently in a balcony cabin on the 10th deck. 10882.

She said that this week they are only offering upgrades to the Haven Penthouse for 1000.00 PP and the 2 bedroom haven penthouse for 1250.00 PP.

We are not looking to spend that much, just looking to get into a mini

suite.

Have a great vacation Mark!!

She said that this week they are only offering upgrades to the Haven Penthouse for 1000.00 PP and the 2 bedroom haven penthouse for 1250.00 PP.

suite.

Thanks for the info Blue!!! please keep us informed if you take the plunge...we are in a Mini now and would love the Haven but not at $1000 per person....

-Mark

You do NOT have to go thru your TA to do an upsell. You can call NCL directly at their upsell number for an upsell. If you are looking to just "upgrade" then yes you would probably need go thru your TA, but you would be paying the going rates.

But for an upsell it is with NCL...I booked with a TA and called the NCL upsell dept just 10 days ago for my Breakaway cruise this Sunday and was able to upsell into a DOS.

You could also probably call your TA and have them call NCL on your behalf, but it is not necessary.

Edited by eagle92

suite.

Same week as u! Hoping for an upgrade to a balcony from a ov since prices have dropped

• 1 month later...
You do NOT have to go thru your TA to do an upsell. You can call NCL directly at their upsell number for an upsell. If you are looking to just "upgrade" then yes you would probably need go thru your TA, but you would be paying the going rates.

But for an upsell it is with NCL...I booked with a TA and called the NCL upsell dept just 10 days ago for my Breakaway cruise this Sunday and was able to upsell into a DOS.

You could also probably call your TA and have them call NCL on your behalf, but it is not necessary.

I booked a cruise in May through a member discount club. This club doesn't assign a travel agent, it depends who answers when you call. Can you tell me if I call the upsell desk a few weeks before the cruise for an upsell, not upgrade, will they talk to me, or will they tell me to go through the agency?

I booked a cruise in May through a member discount club. This club doesn't assign a travel agent, it depends who answers when you call. Can you tell me if I call the upsell desk a few weeks before the cruise for an upsell, not upgrade, will they talk to me, or will they tell me to go through the agency?

I also booked through a member discount club and called the upsell dept just this week. I gave them my reservation number, the agent asked me to hold then came back with about three offers. I didn't take any but it didn't seem to matter how I booked.

I also booked through a member discount club and called the upsell dept just this week. I gave them my reservation number, the agent asked me to hold then came back with about three offers. I didn't take any but it didn't seem to matter how I booked.

Thank you so much for sharing that. I have been concerned that they wouldn't even tell me what was available, if anything.

I am leaving on the Breakaway on February 29th. I just called NCL directly at 1-866-234-7350 about an upgrade and she told me I have to go through my travel agent....is that the process?

Yep. Just another reason to not waste time with a TA. You have an unnecessary middle man in your reservation and you are required to go through them for everything.

Yep. Just another reason to not waste time with a TA. You have an unnecessary middle man in your reservation and you are required to go through them for everything.

Except for the fact that you will pretty much almost always get a better deal through a TA because at worst you will get the EXACT same price and promos that NCL quotes you, but other OBC or incentives on top of that.

Except that my TA gave me $400 OBC and NCL did not..... for the same price/room.

It seems there is confusion based on whom you call at NCL. If you booked through a TA and call the regular NCL number to see about an upgrade they will tell you you have to go through your TA.

But if you call the Upsell number you can discuss an upsell directly with them regardless of whether you booked with a TA or directly with NCL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It seems there is confusion based on whom you call at NCL. If you booked through a TA and call the regular NCL number to see about an upgrade they will tell you you have to go through your TA.

But if you call the Upsell number you can discuss an upsell directly with them regardless of whether you booked with a TA or directly with NCL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you for the clarification. I will try the upsell dept. when the time comes. Fingers are crossed.