owner's suite Odyssey 731?

bebop bonnie

We're looking at the Owner's suite, and prefer not to have the potential anchor noise on 601. It's hard to have a sense of the 731 OS layout. I believe it's a tad smaller, but the shape is different (large rectangle instead of half round)...anyone have any experience with 731? Thanks1

We're looking at the Owner's suite, and prefer not to have the potential anchor noise on 601. It's hard to have a sense of the 731 OS layout. I believe it's a tad smaller, but the shape is different (large rectangle instead of half round)...anyone have any experience with 731? Thanks1

Maybe I can have a peek, next week or we might get invited in!

We had Seabourn Quest suite 731 for Norway July 2014. It was great for watching the tall ships parade in Bergen. Very easy walk to the Seabourn Square especially.

The suite is the same size as two veranda suites. There is the separated bedroom, extra closet by outer vanity, two WC's, comfortable TV sitting area, and large 4 person clear glass dining table. And there is a lot of counter space around the coffee maker.

Think of #731 as a lighter cheerier version of a Silversea Shadow Silver Suite. Quite nice.

We had Seabourn Quest suite 731 for Norway July 2014. It was great for watching the tall ships parade in Bergen. Very easy walk to the Seabourn Square especially.

The suite is the same size as two veranda suites. There is the separated bedroom, extra closet by outer vanity, two WC's, comfortable TV sitting area, and large 4 person clear glass dining table. And there is a lot of counter space around the coffee maker.

Think of #731 as a lighter cheerier version of a Silversea Shadow Silver Suite. Quite nice.

That's great information...thanks so much! We were just recently on the Silver Shadow in the Royal Suite (#601)....anchor noise but lovely and more than enough space for us! Sounds like 731 on Seabourn will work beautifully! And we're looking forward to experiencing Seabourn!!

Just remembered. If you look at the OW suite layout for the new Seabourn Encore, it is the layout of Quest #731. Slight change in furniture layout for sitting area, but that's it!

thanks again, CJimW! I 'think' I get it....looked at the layout on Encore....I do better with actual pictures, but I get the idea. Seems the deck area is a bit larger than 601 OW. I'm certain it'll be wonderful. Really appreciate your help!

We stayed in the Owners suite and loved it up on the 7th floor. Only thing keeping us from booking it again was the modern uncomfortable furniture in the main area. We opted for the Signature suite this time and will miss being just below the bridge.

Thanks for your...and every reply!! While there are always tradeoffs on each cruise line and every suite....I think this will work for us. And all of your info is helpful and reassuring! Frankly I'm thinking a slightly uncomfortable couch (the royal suite on Silversea had lovely but slightly uncomfortable seating) will be worth the trade for CAVIAR, and a few other perks on Seabourn!!

We have cruised on Regent and recently SS, so all of your input for our new cruise on SB is greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

Just want to add that I believe we have the 'possible upgrade' on our booking. Slightly confusing but I believe we have the (small) possibility of moving to the Signature Suite, which would obviously be terrific! But, based on all your posts, I'm happy with 731!

Just want to add that I believe we have the 'possible upgrade' on our booking. Slightly confusing but I believe we have the (small) possibility of moving to the Signature Suite, which would obviously be terrific! But, based on all your posts, I'm happy with 731!

My preference has always been a midship OW suite on all the ships, big or (previously) small. Don't want to take a chance on being bounced around if we hit some bad weather and the wind underway on the for'd OW suite balconies can be more than significant, especially in South America where we did a 45 degree ski jump pose into the relative 70kt wind.

Do those of you who book the Owner's and Signature Suite's get special deals, or do you just accept that you are going to have to pay say $10,000 pp? We feel that prices are quite high as it is and the ordinary suites are very spacious, not that I wouldn't appreciate a hot tub on my veranda!

No special deals for us....but I believe, as stated in the brochure, the Owners Suite and above receive free wifi. This will be our first Seabourn cruise, so no perks that may come with returning passengers.

On Silversea, in our Royal Suite...and I'm sure above, we received free wifi, laundry and 2 hours ship to (any) shore phone calls.

Do those of you who book the Owner's and Signature Suite's get special deals, or do you just accept that you are going to have to pay say $10,000 pp? We feel that prices are quite high as it is and the ordinary suites are very spacious, not that I wouldn't appreciate a hot tub on my veranda!

I don't remember any large suites going for $10,000 pp, they all are about twice that. But see below why its worth it...

These rooms are SO LARGE the ship places large pillows all over the floor. While your sitting on the pillows, eating gapes, show girls come by and fan you . Not to mention the deck raps around the whole room and is equipped with a 24" wide plank. If any of the girls are not fanning properly or any of the grapes are sour; you just have them walk the plank and the ship will send you new ones.

So what could be wrong with that? That sure looks like its worth-it to us....

I clearly need to sell more water softeners or SKI, changing my attitude. I am happy just to cruise, not worried about space, but would enjoy pretty young girls fanning me, not that my wife would be too amused.

Perhaps explains why I still drive my 2007 Skoda, rather than a Mercedes or the like.

I clearly need to sell more water softeners or SKI, changing my attitude. I am happy just to cruise, not worried about space, but would enjoy pretty young girls fanning me, not that my wife would be too amused.

That's how I met my wife,she was one of the fanning girls.

Perhaps explains why I still drive my 2007 Skoda, rather than a Mercedes or the like.

Poor you......driving a tired old trusty Skoda and having to slum it in a bog standard cabin on Seabourn........I suppose things could be worse....at least you have a beautiful wife........as a possible extra bonus, is she also a fabulous girl?

poor you......driving a tired old trusty skoda and having to slum it in a bog standard cabin on seabourn........i suppose things could be worse....at least you have a beautiful wife........as a possible extra bonus, is she also a fabulous girl?

:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

OK....back to my (mild?) obsession with suite 731. Did I read correctly somewhere that there can be noise from the pool/bar on deck 8...that floats down to deck7?

bebop bonnie - this is where having a ship's plan on paper helps! 731 is under other suites, whereas the wintergarden suites, 743 and 744 are indeed under the pool deck. I have certainly read from some who have had one of these that they could hear chairleg scraping etc. from above, early when the pool deck attendants were working there. If I were you, I would definitely choose 731 and actually ask for no automatic upgrade to a wintergarden - though they are undoubtedly a very large suite.

You pays your money and takes your choice, as they say round here.